Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: hypochondria
Created On 8/10/05 9:14 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

elish3va
Junior Supporter

8/10/05 9:14 PM
User is offline View users profile

ummm, ok, so im not, Baruch Hashem, a really bad hypochondriac, but i do think about diseases when im all alone or at night when i can't sleep and i tend to get a little carried away with my thoughts sometimes. anyways, i lose sleep over it, and for days afterwards all i can think about is some illness that there's no way in the world kein ein hara that i have but for some reason i'm silly enough to make part of myself think i do and it's really distracting when i'm in school, with my friends, or just whatever. i just think about it every so often and start to have panic attacks because of it, and i was wondering if anyone else knows what i'm talking about or has any opinions/advice/whatever. thanks!!

Bottom

seven wonders
Junior Supporter

12/20/05 7:41 PM

HI, Yes Being a Hypochondriac is very much part of the problem. And many people suffering from Anxiety/Panic disorder suffer from it as well, although many don't know that there's a term for it. There are things you can do to make this easier on you but once you take care of the whole picture then all the different aspects of the problems start being taken care of. I have suffered for many many years which gave me a chance to taste all the different terms and situations that anxiety disorder offers including: Panic attacks, hypochondriac, agoraphobia, clausterphobia, anticipatory anxiety, the wonderful list goes on and on....LOL. I ran from all types of different pyschologist to psychaitrists to therapists and finally as the years passed all of a sudden people started talking about it and it wasn't a TABOO subject and proffessionals were becoming more experienced and B''H just recently I started down the road of recovery. If there's anything specific you'd like to know or ask about I'll be glad to help you!!!!

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/4/06 7:30 PM

i'm a total hypochondriac. unfortunately, for me, it's addictive. hopefully some cday i'll stop being so focused on myself and start recognizing the world around me i.e. reality.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

elish3va
Junior Supporter

1/27/06 2:38 PM
User is offline View users profile

atara - focussing on yourself? i'm confused... maybe you're talking about being a narcissist (spelling?).

Edited: 1/27/06 at 2:39 PM by elish3va

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

3/1/06 12:38 AM

both, narssistic and a hypochndriac. in my mind, the two are not nessecarilly the same or interchangable, but very similar. one can stem out of the other.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Panic Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.