Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: recurring panic attacks
Created On 7/7/13 9:22 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 9:22 PM

I used to have panic disorder when I would have sometimes 3 attacks a day, and it got in the way of many things like traveling and working.
bH i've been mostly free of panic attacks for a while but recently they started up again. I am managing usually to prevent them from getting out of hand like when I get "the feeling" , I try to get out out of the situation, focus on my breathing, or sometimes deliberately thinking about something else works.
I just hate the feeling when I start getting dizzy, and lightheaded, and feel like there's NO AIR and I'm pulling my shirt away from my neck in an effort to get more air and i feel like everyone's staring and i don't know if i will be able to catch it before it turns into a full blown attack... It really sucks.
Anyone have this problem?

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 9:37 PM

yup. sounds familiar. I've also gotten rid of them mostly, but they tend to recur when I'm under a lot of stress. I deal with it in the same ways that you mention. Square breathing helps a lot (1-2-3-4 in, 1-2-3-4 holding it, 1-2-3-4 out, 1-2-3-4 before the next in etc.) and mostly ignoring it and knowing that it's only panic and I'm not dying or losing my mind helps me. Good luck!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 9:58 PM
User is offline View users profile

good for you for being able to usualy manage them!!! that is hard work.
what problem specifcly are you asking if anyone has?
(btw, it feels like everyone notices when you have a panic attack, but NO ONE DOES!!!- just an observation i made that helps me a calm down a bit- no one notcise whats going on or if your heart is beating and your in a cold sweat etc.... and of course WishToBeHappy's advice- real life saver!!!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 11:35 PM

I hate panic attacks! (((Hugs))) I agree with Channa. No one notices, even if you feel that everyone is looking at you. Do you know what is triggering them?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 5:12 PM

I think whenever I feel trapped in some way- physically (like in a crowded place) or emotionally (I think there's no way out of a situation or feeling) or even spiritually( like, if I do this, I'll feel really bad about myself, but if I don't do it, I'll feel really bad)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 6:51 PM
User is offline View users profile

wow! its amazing that you know yourself so well that you know thats the trigger. so specific!

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 10:40 PM

Thanks for your support and tips, wishtobehappy Hopefulmommy and Channafofanna.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 12:26 AM

Feeling trapped makes sense. I think many of us have panic attacks when feeling trapped. My coping mechanism is to convince myself, somehow, that I'm not actually trapped. But this might be coming from some earlier time in your life.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Panic Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.