Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How would you accept?
Created On 8/20/06 5:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

in the dark
Junior Supporter

8/20/06 5:31 PM

How would you accept the fact of somebody sending you a link to these forums when you'd have a 14 year old sufferring from anxiety and not being helped?

My question to you is, as a beautiful-anonymous site:
I have a VERY close 14 yr old relative that suffers from anxiety "badly". I told her parents a few times to get her proffesional help. They say they can take care of it on their own. Her school sent her for help, but the parents don't want her to be a neb in the class (she is one anyway, as nobody has patience to her).
The father says he wants a licensed psycho. the mother says she wants somebody frum and yiddish not licensed......
As they're arguing the situation gets worse by the day, actually minute. I was with her this shabbos... and BOYYYYYYYYYY do I need a vacation desperatly.
When I suggested she should go for help, I made it pretty serious that she won't be able to lead a decent life. they answered "she'll get married to a loving and caring boy and everything will work out to be perfectly fine".... I wouldn't want to be that boy.
How do I convince the parents to get her help. Obviously I'm not making up that she needs help, cause the school suggested the same. Sorry for the long ramble...... Should I send the parents a link to this site?????? They always accept my acts with admiration and respect.......
tizku l'mitzvos.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

8/21/06 12:00 AM

if you dont think they'll get insulted by it you might as well try it. i'd suggest only telling them about this site once though. dont pressure them or remind them to go here. if they want to check it out they will. just let them know its out there if they're interested.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

8/22/06 12:50 AM

If they "accept your acts with admiration and respect", then I would be more direct with her parents and say something like: "By not taking your daughter to get professional help, you are hurting her"...
a lynn

Bottom

Me!
Junior Supporter

8/25/06 6:28 AM

Hey in the dark!
I suffer from anxiety myself and I'd love to speak to your 14 year old family member about it.
Does she have msn or email?
PLS answer since it's very important to me.
ps: could you tell us somemore about what she is going through? Like what are her symptoms...
I also understand tht she likes to talk alot, am I right? The way you said you are so tired after spending a shabbos with her.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Panic Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.