Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: panic attacks
Created On 12/15/04 6:43 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format

motcha
Supporter

12/12/05 12:26 PM

Great. I am happy you liked it. You are taking the right steps toward getting better.
But you have the right to not discuss something in therapy if you are uncomfortable.

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

12/22/05 4:49 AM

Obviously speaking about my being depressed is uncomfortable, but I need to tell him or else how I am going to get better?? No?! Meanwhile, the past 2 sessions I've just been speaking about random things of no major significance, but I know that I need to tell him what is truly bothering me in order to help myself... but I can't! I just can't get the words out of my mouth! They don't come! I only ever told 2 people that I was depressed, and both of them I told through email because I know myself- and I can't say things out loud. I don't know why, but I can't!!

Help me!!

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 11:36 AM

hi, i am a frum mother of 2 children under the age of three, borech hashem happily married, no major problems or changes recently, alot of friends and just found out about this website. i had 2 panick attacks recently (diagnosed it myself) and i spoke to my friend about it and she said it probably came from postpartum. my baby is already 14 months and i still do not feel the same way i should feel. some days i feel better then other days, i still fear of any panick attacks comming and i think it is because the hormone changes. i still nurse my baby,anyways i would like to know what i should do to feel much better. i did not go to any pyso. or doctor about it since i try to read about it and help myself.
i am sorry that i am typing un capitalized, because i am in a rush right now, otherwise i had worked in a office for a few years until recently. i always wrote good letters for venders and customers.
anyways, whoever has any comments, numbers, or anything to share i will be happy to hear.
i wish you all hatzlacha and we should all feel better!
THANK YOU,
WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 11:44 AM

HI! I AM A MOTHER OR 2 CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THREE.BORECH HASHEM HAPPILY MARRIED, NOTHING STRESSFUL IN LIFE RECENTLY, A LOT OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
I HAD 2 PANICK ATTACKS WHEN MY YOUNGER ONE WAS 7 MONTHS, RIGHT NOW HE IS 14 MONTHS ALREADY AND I STILL FEEL A LITTLE DIFFERENT, LIKE NOT WILLING TO GO TO FAR PLACES MYSELF OR FEEL A LITTLE UNFOCUSED, BUT I TRY TO MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT AND LIVE THE WAY IT IS.
I READ ABOUT IT.
I DO NOT LIKE TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC WITH ANYONE, OTHERWISE I ALWAYS DISCUSS MY FEELING WITH ANYONE.
I DO NOT LIKE TO REMIND MYSELF FROM THIS WORD PANICK ATTACK.
SOME DAYS I FEEL BETTER THEN OTHER DAYS. I STILL NURSE MY BABY AND MAYBE THE HORMONES ARE CHANGING.
ANY SUGGESTIONS, NUMBERS OR IDEAS FOR ME.
PLEASE REPLY.
Text

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

12/22/05 12:11 PM

Hi mother of 2

what you are writing it is so familiar to me, I am also a mother of 5 kids the youngest one is 6
I also started having what i think is panic attacks after the birth of my daughter who is now 6.
I get it once a month for 2 days , it weakens me and i also feel very unfocused when it happens, at first i thought that it is connected with hormones since it comes once a month , but all hormone test came out normal. I went to a few doctors and nobody can trigger when it comes from,
I still believe that i have some physical problem and not amoitional, i still get the panic attacks or whatever it is each month and still havnt found why.
I tried to go to a therepist to try to help me and it still does not go away.
Like i said i am confinsed that it is a physical problem so i am planing on seen a nurologist to see maybee i have a nurological problem.
By the way the doctors gave me diffrent medicaition to try like paxil i took it for a little while but it made me feel terrible worst then any panic attack. So i do not want to take any medicaitions like that.
I think that what you have it could be hormonel or other physical problem, you should consider going and seeng a doctor and get tested for everything also test your thyroid level, sometimes after giving birth the thyroid stopes working and that can cause a few symptoms.
Please dont let the doctors give u any medicaitions like paxil or others for depretion beacuse these r horrible and have terrible side effects,
It could be that you have a physical problem check that out before you do anything else
good luck
susan

-------------------------
smiling wont cost you a penny

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

12/22/05 12:14 PM

is there something particular you dont want to tell him? Or is it just the words "Im depressed?"

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 12:26 PM

thank you for your reply.
what are the sypmtoms of a thyroid problem?
also i think it is a emotional problem, because i only had the 2 panick attacks at that time which is 7 months ago and now i do not get it but i fear that i will or i when i think about it i feel dizzy and unfocused.
i do not want to go to a pyso because i feel like i have many friends to talk to also i do not have the money for it nor do i know of any pysco theraphy place!
thank you,

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

12/22/05 3:59 PM

Hi
The symptoms of a slow thyroid is feeling tired all the time , having a hard time waking up in the morning, also ackes and pain all over the body that you never had before like back acke muscle pain , also rapid weight gain that you cannot lose.
or it might be a the opposit a thyroid that is over working wich is fast heart beet , too much anergy . cannot sleep at night deeziness, rapid weight loss and so on.
If you had the symptoms of a panic attack only 7 month ago i dont think that you have to worry, It seems like that you got it after you had a baby it could be part of a post birth, Maybee you have the tendency of having panic attacks and together with the after birth and a little stress that what trigered it.
I think you should try to avoid stressful situations if that is something that you can do. keep busy with relaxing activities so that you wont have any time to think about having another panic attack, and even if you feel one coming just put in your head that it is just a panic attack,
what i do when it comes i just lie down and rest till it is over.
I just wish i knew what trigeres my panic attackes so that i can pin point to the problem and get rid of it.
Also by the way i read that it is genetic that means, try to find out if your mother or any other member of your family ever got panic attacks, and if yes then you will know that you are more sensetive then others and can get panic attacks more easily, so that is enough to try to keep you out of stressful situation, Also i read that people that get panic attack probebly have some type inbalance with chemicals in the brain.
So I dont think at this point you should run to a phsyc or therepist, i think you should just try to live a stressless life, join an exersize class, yoga, listen to music, go out with your husband or friend just to chill out, or even watch a good movie every once in a while,
And hopefully no more panic attackes will show up anymore.
take care
susan

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 8:55 PM

thank you for your reply.
when i relax i have time to think of panick attacks.
i hate to do excersize.
also what should i do that my fear should go away? also what should i do to help me feel more focused.
what websites are good to go onto?
thanks loads,

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 8:58 PM

dear: susan

what time do you usually visit this site?

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/22/05 10:18 PM

DEAR: SUSAN
YOU CAN SEND ME ANY HELPFUL ADVICE TO:
CHANYBRAUN@YAHOO.COM

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/27/05 12:12 AM

You an go to your general MD to have bloodwork done to see where your hormones are "holding".
A Lynn

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

12/27/05 6:03 PM

DEAR: DR LYNN
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. WHEN I GOT MY PANICK ATTACK FOR THE FIRST TIME, I TOOK REGULAR BLOODWORK TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS ALL RIGHT WITH ME, BECAUSE I NEVER KNEW THAT SUCH A WORD EXISTS AND THE DOCTOR SAID THAT EVERYTHING IS GOOD. DO YOU THINK THAT HE CHECKED FOR THE HORMONE ISSUE? I TOOK THE BLOODWORK 7 MONTHS AGO. DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CHECK MY THYROIDS? I THINK THAT THE WHOLE ISSUE CAME FROM STRESS AFTER MY BABY AND HAVING HOME MY OLDER ONE TOO EARLY. BOTH KIDS ARE ACTIVE BUT MY OLDER ONE IS VERY ACTIVE WHICH MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR ME. ALSO I AM STILL NURSING MY BABY SO I AM HAVING HORMONAL CHANGES. DO YOU THINK THAT IF I STOP NURSING I WOULD FEEL BETTER? (REGARDING MY HORMONAL CHANGES.) MY BABY IS 14 MONTHS OLD, HE DOES NOT REALLY WANT TO NURSE ANYMORE. I PUSH HIM TO NURSE 3-4 TIMES A DAY SO I SHOULD NOT GET MY PERIOD AND I SHOULD NOT GET PREGNANT SO FAST. WHEN I NURSE EVEN 3-4 TIMES A DAY I DO NOT GET MY PERIOD. I AM MARRIED 4 YEARS, GOT PREGNANT 1 MONTH LATER AND ONCE I STOPPED NURSING I GOT IT AND GOT PREGNANT, SO ALL IN ALL I GOT MY PERIOD MAYBE 5 TIMES, WHEN I STOPPED NURSING AND AFTER A BABY ONCE. I WOULD RATHER NURSE THEN TAKE BIRTH CONTROL BECAUSE I NEVER TOOK ANY PILLS AND I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY, IT CAN ALSO CAUSE YOU MOOD SWINGS. BORECH HASHEM MY BABY IS 14 MONTHS ALREADY SI IF I GET PREGNANT SHORTLY THEY WILL BE 2 YEARS APART.
LOOKING FOR ADVICE?

Bottom

rosie
Junior Supporter

12/31/05 7:41 PM

It is always important to follow the instructions of your doctor. In addition to these instructions you may want to consider emotional stress release techniques, Brain Gym or homeopathy. These kinds of programs help you to make subtle developmental changes that will allow you to manage your stress more effectively. As always, use a practicioner who is properly certified and comes recommended.
Rosie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/10/06 10:39 PM

what's brain gym? nursing stops you from having your period? i didn't know that. chanybrauner: i had thyroid problems too. but it was from lithium i have to take for my moodswings, so keep on trying not to take pills! maybe in the longrun, it will be good for you, unless you have to, like i did for bipolar disorder.

atara

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Privliged
Junior Supporter

1/16/06 2:43 PM

Hi, I see that you have written this 2 years ago. I hope that you have gotten help since then. I too suffer from Panic Attacks. There are 2 ways that you can look at this. It can be a nightmare or a gift from Hashem. At first when I started suffering from this I did not know what was happening to my life. I felt like it was all falling apart. Let me tell you, it was the greatest gift that happened to me. I went for professional help. I went to one therapist that was not for me. I found the perfect therapist that I love! She is not for medication. I never took meds. I went to therapy, i am still in therapy for 3 years now. I am a changed person. Meds is just a temporary help. It all is a lot deeper. Many times a person has a lot of different coping methods in life. It comes to a point in your life where they do not work anymore. That is when Panic attacks hit in. You should really seek help, there is no reaons you should suffer like this & your children should not see you suffer like this, it is a very scary thing for children to see. Panick Attacks usually happen to highly intellectual people. I am sure that you are a very special person. You can get past all this as soon as you learn new, healthy coping methods, that will only happen if you go to therapy. When i started it sounded scary that i had to go to a therapist. (I was a very popular, outgoing person & i am not crazy.) It was worth every penny & second. My life is an enriched life & i have learnt so much about my past & how it affects us in so many different ways. There are a lot of dysfuncions that i never knew about too. I am learning to break those dysfuncions & learning new ways of growth.
If you need any more advice feel free to e-mail me. Hashem helped me & keeps on helping me, i would love to share it with others.
From a positive PA person!bold text

Bottom

cdm527
Junior Supporter

1/16/06 11:15 PM

Hi, everybody,

This forum is a g-dsend to me. I'm struggling with anxiety for four years now. I tend to get really anxious before big events, where there are big crowds. I dread weddings, parties, etc. My BIL is getting married in three weeks and I'm already getting anxious. When I'm not anxious, which is most of the time, I do really well. I'm the kind of person who takes a lot on her hands, and am capable of dealing. I don't feel like changing my entire lifestyle for those times that I do get anxious. When I had my first panic attack, my dr. put me on klonopin and zoloft. It worked well, and have been on and off for the past four years. I read 'The Panic and Anxiety Workbook', which has helped me a lot. I just think it's time for me to see a real therapist. can anyone suggest someone good in the Rockland County Area?

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

1/17/06 11:41 PM

I do not know therapists in private practice in Rockland, but am familiar with therapists at Bikur Cholim clinic in Monsey- 845-425-0887. I think CBT is an effective treatment for panic/social anxiety.
A Lynn

Bottom

hakoltov
Junior Supporter

1/18/06 8:26 PM

Hey
this site is sooo good!
I also suffer from anxiety, but thank G-d i have it under controal without meds.
Its just sooo hard to constantly be on guard. sometimes I feel like ill spend my whole life
constantly struggling to overcome my anxiety! its so frustrating....

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Bottom

hakoltov
Junior Supporter

1/20/06 12:51 AM

Did anyone here ever try natural remedies for anxiety, and/or reflexology/ acupuncture
they advertise that they can help anxiety, I wonder if they are worth a try....

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/25/06 9:52 AM

hi i freak out at weddings too. sometimes i have to go hide under a table somewhere to collect my thoughts (which i did once..) i wish there were no such thing as anxiety, but then therte would never be excitement either...my best friend's engaged! my BEST friend! hopefully i won't freak out at the wedding. i have to prove for the first time in my life at a wedding, that i can be cool, calm, and collected. i owe it to myself and everyone else to enrich the atmosphere-- not take away from it with my stupid needess energy sucking anxiety that helps no one else and doesn't help me.

atara

Bottom

Myself
Junior Supporter

2/11/06 11:36 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hello, I am new Frum Support, but I am glad that it is here. I am have been suffering from panic attacks all my life. The part that I hate most about my panic attacks is when I "snap" at people. I never get very insulting, but I feel vey embarrased afterwards. I was wondering if any one can offer me some advice on how too calm myself down through methods that work for them. Thank you.

Text

Elliot S. Brukman

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

2/14/06 10:28 PM

How do people with panic and anxiety handle job stress?

Bottom

YennerEckVelt
Junior Supporter

2/15/06 11:29 PM

I have suffered from anxiety all my adult life. I started to recognize that I had a problem about a year and a half ago and didn't go for help until two weeks ago. The strongly believes in a method called REBT, which is a rational aproach to fighting off irrational and extreme beliefs which heavily contribute to anxiety. It seems to have helped almost immediately. I have a long road ahead of me as far as confronting my irrational fears that I have carried since my childhood. The biggest help so far seems rather simple yet powerful.

I talked about how I was anxious about doing things that were very simple, such as going to the bathroom while doing something else. I would just sit and do whatever I was doing as if afraid to go. After describing childhood trauma and excessive punishment, meanign punishent that was above and beyond the bad behavior, the therapist pointed out that I was afraid of an invisible monster that would eventually strike me even if I wasn't doing anything wrong, just as a monster (my fathers inherited anger and anxiety) had punished me very harshly even though I didn't deserve it, certainly not to the degree with which I was punished( beatings etc.). I came home almost crying from relief, and I immediately challenged the monster by doing things immediately without being afraid of it. Lo and behold, THERE IS NO MONSTER! I never even knew what I was afraid of, yet it was SOMETHING. Thankfully my snapping at people has been drastically reduced, my parenting is different making my four year old feel much more comfortable with me. This was done simply by challenging me to dispute irrational beliefs.

Bottom

seven wonders
Junior Supporter

2/21/06 12:51 AM

Hi Everybody!!!
I suffered from Anxiety and Panic for many years. I was a young child when it started and there wasnt as much help or awareness as there is now and that's why I think I suffered for so long (of course it was bashert) I just mean by it that as soon as you go for help you can get healed bez''h. There is no need to suffer. There's b''h help, and awareness and it's time to help yourself.
I have emerged into a very strong and positive person b''h. I am now very active in helping others overcome this disorder. I second CBT-Cognitive Behavior Therapy as the best cure especially together with medication. Medication alone is not long lasting. Therapy alone can be the cure but it is much harder and usually takes much longer. So I recommend to all people I deal with to a Doctor and a therapist. Please note that medication is there help you do the therapy, to make the road towards recovery easier to walk on. Once you are well on your way your dosage gets lower and lower and bez''h you get totally off it. The combination of CBT with medication is recommended by most proffessionals!!!!
It is just unbelievable how many people suffer from it!! Much more than you imagine. Believe me it's unbelievable. The sad part is that they could've been helped by now.
Once you get help for yourself and you start becoming better and better it is just so amazing. You feel happier and stronger. It's amazing!! So it's time to get help. C'mon it's so exciting! Exciting to know that you are doing something to help yourself and bez''h you are taking your first step towards the journey to a destination of recovery and happiness bezras hashem!!!!

Edited: 2/21/06 at 12:54 AM by seven wonders

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

3/1/06 12:49 AM

amen, sevenwonders!

atara

Bottom

heretohelp
Junior Supporter

5/1/06 11:48 PM

I had panic attacks and anxiety, which were really helped by acupuncture. It can be expensive (at least 50$ a session), but it really seemed to work. The only thing is sometimes I didn't like the herbs the acupuncturist recommended -- but no big deal, I just stopped taking them. I very rarely get anxious any more, and I never have panic attacks. (I just have to watch out for caffeine, which usually makes me nervous. Green tea, though, has something in it that calms you down even while giving you a bit of caffeine.)

You can also try acuppressure points if you can't do acupuncture -- I don't know if it's as effective as acupuncture but it's worth a try. Online there are a few sites that show you which points to press for anxiety and other problems.

Bottom

heretohelp
Junior Supporter

5/1/06 11:56 PM

I also think that meditation can help, but only if done every day, and only if the meditation is actually relaxing! Try five or ten minutes each morning. It can have a cumulative effect. This is discussed in the book Jewish Meditation (by Breslover Hasid Aryeh Kaplan). Many of the meditations he describes are too complicated for me, but the chapter on mantra meditation gives a good, simple method.

I remember reading Rambam, in Mishneh Torah, saying that one should sit (meditate?) an hour (!) before and after davening. Maybe that's a good time to do one's daily relaxation meditation (if you daven daily!). Five minutes is better than nothing!

Bottom

Supporter

5/2/06 1:22 AM

I have been to a fair share of psychiatrists for treatment of depression/anxiety, at the same time that I was seeing a shrink for 'talk therapy'; in fact, she's the one who referred me for these meds evals. After trying different meds and in different combinations (concoctions) I got off of them. Being on the meds, and my shrink agreed with me as she saw it with her own eyes, did no good for me. I had the side effects without any of the benefits of the meds.
Shortly thereafter a friend introduced me to nutritional supplementation, and life just hasn't been the same since then. In fact, when I do not take my 2 daily doses I see an obvious increase in my symptoms. That's not to say you should all get off your meds and get onto nutritional supplements. Each situation is unique and what works for one may not necessarily work for others. Since then I've gotten into the field of nutritional support and I always encourage those who come to me for depression/anxiety to take the supplements IN ADDITION to their meds. And to discuss with their doc their desire to slowly wean themselves off the meds. But to NEVER EVER do it without doc supervision because that can be VERY DANGEROUS! In many cases I've seen folks who've not yet gotten onto meds but were turning to nutritional supplementation as a last ditch effort make improvement enough that they were able to avoid meds. Once a person is on meds I NEVER advise getting off it without doc's supervision. I do encourage folks to educate themselves. Check out the library and read up.
For me supplementation has B''H been successful at strengthening my body and nerves to be able to cope with life stresses. Of course it does not replace psychotherapy and I have continued to see my shrink throughout. As I'm writing this I'm reminded of the time my shrink commented to me that I seem so much more in control of my anxiety and that I'm not as depressed as I used to be. That was after being on the supplements for about 2 months. It really makes a big difference in my mental health.
If your're considering adding nutritional supplements to your meds regimen or if you're not on meds but would like to try n.s. educate yourself on the safety and purity and bioavailability of the brand you are considering to take. Brands differ in quality, safety, purity, and bioavailability. So do your research.
Hatzlacha Raba and lots of siyata dishmaya

Bottom

heretohelp
Junior Supporter

5/2/06 9:55 AM

One supplement that should be good is fish oil. It is the best source of omega-3, which are very important for your nervous system and might well help with anxiety and such. All the softgels seem to be made with (non-kosher) gelatin, but if you get plain fish oil, and it lists what fish they use and they are kosher fish (usually something safe like sardines), then that might be good enough for some people. I take a teaspoon a day. Nordic Naturals had a hechshered product for a while; you might still be able to find it.

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

5/3/06 9:48 PM

i feel the same way you feel. i never went to any pysco or dr about this issue. now i am in early pregnany and have 2 other young children under 3 and it is harder to stay on guard but i am trying my best. i want to enjoy life again!

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/4/06 11:09 AM

you can talk to me!!!

atara

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

5/22/06 9:01 PM

let me hear what you have to say about anxeity-panick attacks.
i am a mother of 2, soon ah i will have 3, and my oldest is 3. i have been suffering from anxeity and panick attacks for about 1 year already. so far i did not see any dr or pysco about it. i just took a regular check up and blood work to make sure about the thyoid level and it was fine. i dont get panick attacks often but anxeity-i feel lately a lot, i fear that i will get more panick attacks and that is not making me enjoy life. i dont enjoy to go out for walks or shopping because then i think about attacks, because there it happened to me, however i dont mind to go to parties and weddings since i did not have it there bh. and my mind is not focused on that issue. i mentioned to my obgyn that i suffered from it last year while nursing but he said dont worry it is hormonal changes and just live on. he said that medication is not recommended while pregnant. any nutritional advice or support to offer? i take a multi, a b vitamin and calcuim from shaklee.
you can e-mail me your advice.
thank you.

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

5/30/06 9:11 PM

does anyone know of a good therapist that can help with cognitive behavior theraphy and no medications? someone that lhas a office in brooklyn.

Bottom

seven wonders
Junior Supporter

6/4/06 9:23 AM

Chany, that is any therapist in Brooklyn, because most therapists are not authorized to give you medication. You have to go to a Doctor for that. If you want a few numbers of therapists please email me at pmdiscreet@yahoo.com and I'll give you a few numbers.
B'hatzlachah!!

Bottom

Me!
Junior Supporter

7/21/06 4:22 AM

I'd love to talk to ye if you came back!

Bottom

Me!
Junior Supporter

7/21/06 4:35 AM

Does anyone get major anxiety before going to a wedding?
I'll say it bluntly I feel like I wanne kill myself when I have to go to a wedding.
I feel SOOOOOOO anxious tht I feel tht I cant take it. Anyone?

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

7/21/06 4:32 PM

Hi me
sorry to read about your anxiety. I wonder why you feel anxiety when you have to go to a wedding. Do you feel presure parhapes beacuse you are single or devorst or for other reason you feel anxiety about meeting people or bieng in a crowded place. It is really difficult to say why you have this anxiety without knowing your backround.
maybee you can write a little about yourself , your backround and so on so that we can understand where u r coming from. I am sure that it is something that you can work on with a therepist .
write back
susan

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

7/31/06 11:23 AM

hey, me.
i actualy didnt go to a wedding that i was supposed to go to because i got so anxious.
what are your reasons for your wedding-related anxiety?

Bottom

chanybraun
Junior Supporter

8/7/06 11:30 AM

i am back, what would you like to say!

Bottom

smiley
Supporter

8/20/06 8:39 AM

I had one panic attack in my life, about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I am still quite haunted by it. Cant get it out of my head.

Bottom

Me!
Junior Supporter

8/25/06 6:29 AM

I'd LOOOOOVE to talk to ye!
pls give me your email adress.
Cant w8!
ps: I experience anx myself

Bottom

smiley
Supporter

8/27/06 1:17 AM

I private messaged you. :-)

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

11/14/06 11:10 PM

Question for 123123 -- could you elaborate on nutritional supplementation? What do you take? How do you find out what to take?

Bottom

Interested
Supporter

1/8/07 6:27 PM

Hi, I just joined...Is there anybody out there? How are you all doing?

Bottom

Panda613
Supporter

1/8/07 8:55 PM

Hi Interested,
Welcome,
At the moment doing fine b"h. and U?

Panda613

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/6/07 6:55 PM

i also get panic ataks

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

6/5/07 12:13 PM

Hi,

I also get panic attacks from time to time and they make me get so out of my routine and out of order.

I am seeing a therapist, but she has said that sometimes we just have to get used to living with anxiety that it is a part of life, does this sound normal to anyone?

wondering

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

6/5/07 3:31 PM

Yes, sounds pretty normal. But you have to reframe the panic attacks. If you perceive them as terrible, you'll get into the cycle of worrying about having more, avoiding things, etc. But if you see them as a minor discomfort then you can live with them.

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

6/5/07 3:55 PM

thanks for your reply. wondering

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Panic Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.