Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How to get a proper diagnosis of Fibromyalgia.
Created On 6/2/06 11:33 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Isabel'sMama
Junior Supporter

6/2/06 11:33 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hello all,

I am in need of some help. My PCP would like me to get testing for Fibromyalgia. However, I have no insurence and am not wealthy in any means of the word. (With a DM1 daughter, all of our resources have been eaten up by that.) I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a Dr. that would help me out pro bono if you will. I am in the Pittsburgh Pa area, but I can travel a little to get to a Dr. outside that area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-------------------------
I will not premit Daibetes to rule my family life, like it did my childhood.
~daughter of DM1 and Mother of DM1~

Bottom

zysmom
Junior Supporter

12/3/07 8:06 PM

Hi, forgive me if I am late in responding, just found this message board. You don't need a special doctor to diagnose you in regard of fibromyalgia. Your PCP can diagnose you. There is no test for it, the only way to know if you have fibro is to put pressure on your tender points. You might be able to do it yourself. Call your local Arthistis Foundation, they will have pamphlets to show you exactly where your tender points are.

Then to live with it is another story, but with proper diet, medication and exercise, it can be controled.

BTW, I was in Pittsburgh a year and half ago, great pizza shop there.

Be well
Judy

Bottom

flowermom
Junior Supporter

8/10/08 3:09 AM

You don't need to get diagnosed, usually. Actually, it will affect your insurance costs and cause problems. If you have a good general practitioner, they can tell you and then just treat you with a "pain" condition. Since diagnosis, it makes things a bit harder with insurance. Most of us are not well off, so try to avoid labels if you can be treated anyway. Vitamins, keeping junk (food colorings, refined sugars and grains, artificial stuff) low on the diet (they just challenge the immune system and take the concentration off of healing and on to defending), melatonin (makes seratonin in the body) and other things you see and learn about along maybe with an antidepressant (seratonin issue again.)

Good luck!

PS See the other more updated string here on Frum Support. Good info there.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Fibromyalgia < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.