Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Patients like me website
Created On 1/14/10 5:35 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

keepsmiling
Junior Supporter

1/14/10 5:35 PM

There is a website which I have found very helpful, www.patientslikeme.com , which is a support group like this one, but open to any person (any religion) with MS. The advantage is that there are 30,000 members, and although most of them don't understand what its like to be a frum jew, there are thousands of people with ms who can share experiences and answer any question you have - and you can stay anonymous! I'm not comfortable reading all the chat forum activity - but I always get lots of answers when I ask a question! I was starting a new medication, and was able to ask and get answers from many many people about their experience with the drug and its side effects. I asked about peoples' experiences with vitamin d, and fatigue, and got lots of very helpful information. I hope others reading this will find it helpful too.

Clarification: Please use caution, as this is a website open to all types of people, and there's no telling who may be answering your question. Some may find language of other members offensive. Helpful in a pinch, but I am not recommending long-term use.

Edited: 6/28/10 at 10:47 PM by keepsmiling

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > MS (Multiple Sclerosis) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.