Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: very rare genetic disease...
Created On 8/30/06 10:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

simchatomid
Junior Supporter

8/30/06 10:31 PM

Has anyone ever heard of - or know of anyone who is a carrier of - Meckel Gruber Syndrome? It is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder (both parents must be carriers). We recently had a baby who died of this syndrome. Unfortunately there is not enough research to do interventions like IVF... but the baby can not live longer than a few days (...however they can likely survive a full term pregnancy). (We already went to a renown genetic doctor to find out the possibilities.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom

hb
Supporter

8/31/06 2:08 AM

Sorry about your loss. Is it that they don't have the exact gene responsible for the disorder or not enough data? Is CVS an option? You might find it helpful to talk to Dr. Berish Rubin. He's a frum biologist that has cracked several genes already including Familial Dysautonomia, Nemaline Myopathy and more.
If you want his contact information, please feel free to PM me.

Bottom

ayiddishemommeh
Junior Supporter

11/2/06 11:43 PM

Hello to you, couple simcha tumid,
I recently found out more about theNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALH. That is a gov't operated research centers w/ 'only'
absolutely fantastic doctors. They constantly run new reseach trials called 'clinical trial' where they might get you answers unknown yet. Although you might dislike being recruited in a research study, it could be helpful in some other ways. You can find contact addresses & numbers by searching the web (I tried it ). Hatsluche.
ayiddishemommeh

Edited: 11/2/06 at 11:44 PM by ayiddishemommeh

Bottom

bklynguest718
Junior Supporter

11/28/07 3:24 PM

I'm searching for somebody with this problem for a long time. I can't believe I found, meckel gruber is truly a rare disease. Simchatomid I realize you posted this a long time ago I hope you find this post and you get in touch with me. If anyone else knows of a way that I can get in touch with simchatomid please post a response. I have some information for him that might be of help to him.

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

11/28/07 3:30 PM

Hi,

I sent an email to simchatomid to notify them about your response.

Admin

Bottom

bklynguest718
Junior Supporter

11/28/07 6:29 PM

Dear administrator
Thank you very much we appreciate it , we already got in touch with simchatomid!!
Thanks Again!!

Bottom

Genetic
Junior Supporter

7/13/09 12:20 AM

Hi,
I was searching for information on Mekel Gruber Syndrome, Admin: can you please contact simchatomid and bklynguest718 to contact me?

Thank you

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Genetics) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.