Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: anyone suffer from social anxiety and bipolar?
Created On 2/5/05 7:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Becca1
Junior Supporter

2/5/05 7:28 PM

Hello, I'm kinda new to this site. I'm 23 yrs old, suffer from social anxiety disorder and bipolar. anyone going through the same thing? I've been in and out of jobs for a while. I was actually just fired about 2 weeks ago - again...bec I took off a lot . Anyhow, I don't really have anyone to talk to about these topics. so, if anyone is out there going through hell like me, please reply back. Thanks.

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

2/6/05 1:23 AM

Hi,
I am successfully recovered from depression and a prozac induced bipolar episode. You can get better. Lets talk.

Bottom

Becca1
Junior Supporter

2/6/05 11:29 AM

Can I really get better? I mean I've tried being positive about all of it for the past 2 years...but the past few months has been the worst experience of my life. Is life truly meant for suffering like this...if it is, I truly don't know how much more I can handle. so how did you recover? how is it possible to have recovered from a mental illness? Unless you had some sort of environmental factor play a role in triggering those symptoms?

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

2/6/05 10:10 PM

becca. What meds are you taking? Just curious. How often do you see a psychiatrist? A psychologist for therapy? Do you like your therapist? What is your insurance situation. Is your familly supportive of you? Are you financially ok? Do you have friends? How do you spend your days? Do you have any hobbies? Do you read? Do you sleep well? Do you eat well? All these things and more play a role in your stability. But I am most interested in knowing the answer to the first two questions.
Recovery can take time. But it can come. The medicine that helps me now didn't even exist when I was bipolar ten years ago.

Bottom

Becca1
Junior Supporter

2/8/05 12:03 AM

I just started taking neurontin and seroquel about 3 weeks ago...not sure if it's helping me. I see a pdoc every 3-4 weeks. Therapy 2x a week now and I've been going to her for almost 2 and a half years. Yes, she is very good. I just re-applied to HIP medicaid and it should kick in within a week or so. family situation is very difficult. I've been living by a friend for a while now. they havn't really been supportive and they don't really understand what I suffer from, although recently they have tried to be understanding..but still very very difficult. too much to explain here. I was fired 2 weeks ago from a pretty decent job. I was fired because of Social Anxiety and bi polar - not because I intentionally missed days, but bec I ended up in the hospital 2x --another long story, too much to explain. I have one friend, but the past month she has been very busy with her own issues, her own life, I've been isolating myself, which i know is bad...but reeeeaally have been feeling in no mood to be with people. I am currently looking for another job, but I truly don't know if it will be good for me to start work again, I don't know if I'm the most reliable, stable employee right now. I'm practically broke so I do need to find a job. I've been spending my days trying to be as productive as possible. I've been playing piano, drawing, reading, coming online and chatting with people like you. sleeping patterns fluctuate from day to day. some nights I wake up from hearing voices, having nightmares, wake up sweating. other nights i sleep through the night, but wake up quite early not being able to return to bed. so what meds are you on now?

Bottom

Draalynn
Junior Supporter

2/24/05 12:32 AM

The symptoms you are experienceing sound really rough. It is really important to report all your symptoms to the shrink, even if they are embarrassing. Are you on sleep medication? I also wonder if you have ever had anything traumatic happen to you. If you do not feel comfotable posting this info, feel free to private message me. I hope you feel better soon.

Bottom

know
Junior Supporter

4/17/05 10:11 PM

me and my wife are suffering bipolar and the importent thing is you need a close friend who understand you and are willing to spend time with you

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

8/26/05 3:45 PM

I only now read your call for help. I have experienced same symptoms, namely social anxiety and depression. I have complete sympathy for your suffering. I know from my doctor and my own expirience that having any job, no matter how small it is, is beneficial for you.Because it gives structure to your day(forces you to get up in the morning),helps in self-esteem,provides some money, as well as takes your mind off your pain.
Also it is good for you to try to get married as it will provide emotional and financial support. Of course don't disclose your disorder to shadchanim.
Let us know how you feel. I wish you rifua shleima. 8/26/05

Edited: 9/3/05 at 10:00 PM by moshe

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/1/06 10:06 PM

hi, yes i suffer from both bpd and social anxiety disorder. i always tell my boyfriends or perspective boyfriends that i am bipolar to "warn" them-- should i do this or not? i mean, they should know what they're getting themselves into, right? i sleep through the night usually, but i have been taken off of (some of) my meds and i'm afraid of mania returning. it's such a fragile balance. it's like we're all beakers, full of chemicals that react and do not react well. i mean i know we're people too, but we can't ignore the chemical side, even if environmental factors are involved, like with me. feel better everyone and i hope everyone had a good winter break and or chanukah, i know i did. and ii needed the sllep. although my sleeping pattern's totally messed up because of school and my laziness and my "lack" of ability to take all my meds "on time". i go to bed around 2:00 or 3:00 every night and sleep half the day away. i know this is not too good for me of a habit to get into, but it's hard to change after you've been doing something for a while. i saw king kong. does anyone see movies on this forum? it was a good movie, but kind of gross and intense. lasted 3 and a half hours. happy new year to all, if we even observe this, i know it's very religious forum over here, but we are living in 2005-- sorry-- 2006 (oops.)

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Zehavi
Junior Supporter

1/22/07 9:37 AM
User is offline View users profile

I suffer from social withdrawl... not social anxiety... I am starting to do better since I have attended the MDSG meetings every Wednesday @ St. Luke's Roosevelt AOPC. I have'nt read of one person on this forum who attends MDSG meetings and my pdoc told me this is essential for my recovery.

I met a person the other day who has not been out of his apartment for three years! Social withdrawl is a common symptom of BPD and SAF...

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.