Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: An idea for Rosh Hashana
Created On 9/22/08 12:36 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/22/08 12:36 PM
User is offline View users profile

I have been following the thread about Yom Kipper in ED and it got me thinking that we are about to enter a very intense two day holiday. As may of us will also be very busy on the Sunday and Monday before we may not get our daily dosage of support for a number of days.
To try to make this a little bit more bearable I want to suggest that we get together so to speak either by reciting a chapter of tehillim or some other pre-agreed upon prayer once each day of Rosh Hashna.
Suggestions anyone?
Aba of 4

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

9/26/08 12:57 AM

abaof 4,
didnt see this post 'till now.
i think its an excellent idea.
I for one would be glad to join in.
And i think davening for each other would be agreat way to begin a new year

not sure tho how to implement

anyone know?

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

9/26/08 1:17 AM

I would join but I feel stupid talkin to god after ignoring him for so long

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

9/26/08 1:35 AM

I'm still trying to get on G-d's "hate" list so I die this year. I bet He's keeping me here for revenge.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

unhelpable.
Supporter

9/26/08 9:14 AM

munkster, i AM on gods hate list.
i don't blame him. i don't even like myself so why should anyone else??

"everyone crys every now and then, my tears just happen to be red."

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/26/08 4:55 PM

I know its late but since we don't have a consensus on anything I want to share with you the Tefiha I have been saying on a daily basis I hope the hebrew come across OK:

Yehee Ratzon Milfanecha Hashem Elokinu V'Eloky Avosynu
May it be your will our G-d and the G-d of our fathers

Shetishlach Refuah Sheyma L'(say your name here, I say my wife's name)
that He send a complete healing to ....

V'Tyn Lanu Livnos Bais Neman Byisroel
And give us the ability to build a proper Jewish House

V'Lcanych Banynu Al darrcham
And to raise our children according to their ways

VChyn Tyn Refuah Sheyma L'Chvarynu (I try to think of as many user names as possible)
And also give a complete healing to our friends

Vtyn LaHem Lvnos Bais Neman Byisroel
And give them the ability to build a proper Jewish House

V'Lcanych Banum Al darrcham
And to raise their children according to their ways

(The next part is based on something someone taught me from Rabbi Shloma Brevda)
Af Al Pi She'Aayni Kdy Lvakosh Bakashos Alu Savonosy Rabim
And even thought I am not worthy to ask for these requests due to my many sins

Hary Ani Mavakash Mimchah Kday SheCulnu Yachol Lavodcha U"lkyaum Mitzvosech
I ask of You in order that we can all serve you and do your mitzvos

Hary ata Mishan U'Mivtach Li
You are my support and promise (not sure of the last word)

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/26/08 5:00 PM

>I would join but I feel stupid talkin to god after ignoring him for so long
He is waiting with open arms no reason to feel ashamed.

With all the pain we live with it may be hard to believe but He loves us more then we can understand.

Kasiva V'Casima Tovah,
Aba of 4

Bottom

unhelpable.
Supporter

9/27/08 5:47 PM

will He even listen if i say this?
i mean i didn't even keep shabbos this week...

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/27/08 9:25 PM

>will He even listen if i say this?
>i mean i didn't even keep shabbos this week...

Yes He will listen to you, He listen to all of His children no matter what.

Hashem gave us 613 mitzvos only a Ger has to decide to keep them all at once, a Baal or Baalas Teshuvah can take on a small amount at a time based on what he or she is up too.

Gut Vuch,
Aba

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/27/08 9:37 PM

As far as the Tefelah I posed on Friday I would suggest anyone who will be davening Shemona Esry should say it near the end right before Yehe L'Ratzon. For those who aren't can say any time.

Also, I feel the Bais Neman Byisroel can apply equally to someone who is married and someone who hopes to.

Kasiva V'Casima Tovah to all,
Aba and family.

Bottom

It's all good...
Supporter

9/27/08 10:58 PM

Aba--

Thank you for the tefilla. It's beautiful. And it's even more beautiful that you say it every day for your wife...

Un--

(((hugs)))
He always hears you...
Never give up on yourself, dollie...

Hodu laShem ki tov...

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

9/27/08 11:25 PM

Itsy,
Your welcome I hope you join in.
Rashi says by Yismuel that Hashem hears the Tefilos of the person who is sick before anyone else who may be davening for them.
Aba

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

9/28/08 12:34 AM

To those who think Hashem won't forgive or listen to them, as a mother of children, if any of my children would do the rottenest thing (I'm thinking of something 1 of my kids did this Friday) or totally ignored me but then came and asked for sincere forgiveness, I would totally melt and forgive. I'm told Hashem is more merciful than any of us and doesn't even have a "Hate List" (too bad) so reach out and dial 1-800-Almight and you will get a warm and loving response.

frumsw

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

9/29/08 12:30 AM

i'll do it! cuz i think the more of us who do it the better.
and i dont daven either. and i dont keep shabbat.
but who knows, its just one little tehillim thingy i can at least put in that much effort

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

10/2/08 3:26 PM

Thank everyone who joined in.
I hope it helped.
Aba

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

10/3/08 12:41 AM

couldnt do it.....was hard for me to daven.....i heard the shofar though and davened musaf....feeling undeserving now of Hashems kindness

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/3/08 3:52 AM

Debbi, if it makes you feel any better, I couldn't do anything except listen to the shofar in shul (and that took a lot out of me.) For some reason connecting with G-d is really difficult for me. Perhaps its because I wish I was taken out of this world by Him and figure if I rebel He'll "recall" me sooner.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

unhelpable.
Supporter

10/3/08 10:34 AM

didn't even hear the shofer...

was considering saying the above, but i forgot to print it out before yom tov.
wasn't sure whether to switch on my computor, (after i decided i was going to keep yom tov, but didn't anyways later on...), or stick to not doing anything non yom tov related.
in the end i decided not to turn on. sorry if that was the wrong decision. my prayers wouldn't have helped much anyway.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

10/5/08 1:37 PM

Echad Ha'Marbe V"Echad M'Amit U'Bilvad SheYicaven Lebow La'Samiym
Everyone should be proud of what they accomplished.

Debbi,
>feeling undeserving now of Hashems kindness
I don't know if it will make you feel better but by definition we are all undeserving Hashems kindness He gives us much more then we can ever give him.

Munkster,
If I remember correctly, in the days before siddurim, if a person has a choice to go to a town where they have someone who knows the davening or a town which has a Shofer you go to the town which has the shofer.

Un,
You definitely made the right decision not to turn on your computer over Yom Tov.
I beg to differ on your prayers they will help, Hashem listens to all Jews, we are his children.
I'm very glad to hear you tried to keep Yom Tov even if as you said you didn't make it the whole time I'm sure just the decision to try is worth a lot in Sahmayim (Hashem please for give for speaking in your name )

A Gmar V'chasima Tova,
Aba

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

10/7/08 12:38 PM

I was reading a book which gives a detailed explanation of the Rosh Hashana and Yom Kipper Shmoneh Esryi and the author brings that when it refers to Techeyas Hamasim in Atah Gebor it not only means the people who are dead because they have passed away but also people who are mentally or spiritually dead.

I found it comforting to know Chazal had my family in mind so many years ago.

Gamar V'Chasima Tovah,
Aba

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.