Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: to people who are scared of posting
Created On 3/13/09 10:10 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

molly P.
Supporter

3/13/09 10:10 AM

I wanted to reply to the lady that mentioned she's scared of posting because nosybodies keep messaging privately to her but I can't remember where I saw it. Since I don't have time to start reading through everything to find it, I'll tell you over here. I would ignore immature people who want to get help/chizuk by private messaging (don't worry I got one too). I think mature people like us who come here to give and receive and are not trying to find out who people are can continue posting without fear. Have a good one!

Bottom

molly P.
Supporter

3/14/09 8:47 PM

Did I come across too harsh? I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings? Dr. Lynn or anyone out there, please respond!

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/14/09 9:05 PM

personally, i don't see how what you wrote could have been harsh.

Bottom

molly P.
Supporter

3/15/09 12:49 PM

thanks, I appreciate your reply, its not very pleasant to feel like you're talking to a wall

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/15/09 4:40 PM

i'm guessing those of us who post on here didn't feel the need to respond. was nice of you to write the post though.

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

4/19/09 9:14 AM

I agree that if someone is using the PM's all of the time to post then its invaluable to the rest of the posters. Then they might as well be emailing one another. It does seem a bit unfair too, to be using the material from "our" posts in private messaging.

However Im not sure if that is immature. Perhaps the person is really afraid of "talking" in a large group, and feels more comfortable communicating one on one. At the same time i think people should take the rest of us into consideration, and use this site the way it was set up to be used.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

4/21/09 7:39 PM

is that what molly was saying? i took what she wrote to mean something else.

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

4/21/09 11:29 PM

oh? what did you think she meant? and Hi btw

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

4/22/09 2:37 PM

i didn't read the original post so i could have misunderstood this due to that.
i thought she was talking to people who were scared to post because they'd been getting private messages from people who seemed nosy and trying to find out who they were/give them advice that they hadn't asked for.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

4/22/09 2:38 PM

and hi back

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

4/23/09 12:58 AM

i think maybe u r right...

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

4/23/09 1:01 AM

ive had ppl PM me in order to have long discussions.
i think pm ing is for private coments here and there, or to give phone numbers etc.
but whats the point of a forum if everyones having private discussions?????

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.