Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: What do?
Created On 5/19/09 3:23 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/19/09 3:23 AM
User is offline View users profile

OK, so this is how it goes. I lost my job due to cutbacks and (they don't admit it but I know) the fact that I was on disability this year and a liability to the company for the future. I'm sick of what I do. I don't like it anymore. It's not rewarding. I'm doing it for the paycheck and it isn't good because the paycheck hardly exists. I'm thinking of going into another field with MINIMAL training but still pays well. (I can train for half a yr. or so but I don't want 2 yrs. of schooling.) Any ideas out there?

I guess I should say I wonder how soon it will be until I work again anyhow due to physical issues. I don't know what is wrong but something is pretty bad. The less physical a job is the better it would be for me at the moment though who knows maybe things will change?

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/19/09 5:04 AM

What type of work did you do?

And what type of work interests you?

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

5/19/09 10:50 AM

I'm sorry you lost your job I hope it leads to something more rewording both emotionally and financially.

Kol Tuv,
Aba

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/20/09 4:19 AM

I worked with kids previously (I'd rather not say what I did specifically.) I don't know anything about myself anymore though. I just know I don't want to see another kid other than my own for a lonnnnnnnng time. And I really don't want to see another parent or prinicipal. Really. I'll be good.

The problem is right now I'm so exhausted emotionally and physically, I can't even figure out what I want to do. I'm waking up each morning, looking at my work schedule, my home life, my kids' schedule, and meetings and stuff and think about the flight of stairs I need to walk up and then consider whether work is an option for the day. I'm that tired. It's facing even three stairs and I freak out because I can barely make it up. And when I do, I need to put my head down and rest. I don't know what to do. I'm falling apart physically for no good reason and therefore emotionally I feel like a trainwreck. I kind of admitted that I felt sick to one of my kid's teachers and it was like talking to a wall. NO ONE GETS IT!!!! It was like, "OK, I'll send over a teen to do hmwk with your daughter." I almost cried. I just said back to her that she didn't get how bad the sit. was. I explained we go to sleep too early at this pt. because I can't take care of the kids and watch them. I'm on a train wreck.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

seb613
Supporter

5/20/09 11:26 AM

If I can help you, let me know. In the meantime, I can give you a Bracha, they you feel better, and you'll be Matzleach In finding a better job.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/20/09 12:38 PM

Probably right now you just need to recuperate. Once you feel better, you can consider options then.

If you still feel at that time that working with kids are out, then you can think about what other jobs you may like. Maybe computers, maybe secretarial. You can perhaps go on touro's website (or other on-line courses) and see what opportunities they offer, and if it fits in with your scheduling. Also, perhaps your community (Jewish Federation etc.) offers guidance with this.

You can also ask a therapist for advice.

Hope to hear good news.

Edited: 5/20/09 at 12:41 PM by gad

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/20/09 4:28 PM

Another idea is to maybe teach adults or seniors.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.