Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Hi
Created On 7/28/09 4:04 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Aba
Senior Supporter

7/28/09 4:04 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I or Ema have posted anything, I just don't have the energy to be supportive but we have been keeping up with the posts and I do want to tell everyone how much we care.

B"H we haven't had any major tragedies but summer vacation is far from a vacation.
I don't know about anyone else but since the three weeks started it has definitely been harder for us (we have been more moody and family politics hit a high point)

Welcome to all the new comers you all sound like a very caring group of people and I hope to get to know you better and wish you all a refuah shelmah.

Kol Tuv,
Aba

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

7/28/09 4:34 PM

Aba -
I for one have missed you around here. I hope you are dealing as well as possible with the circumstances you are facing now.
Wishing you well, and pass on my best wishes to Ema.

I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

7/29/09 7:24 AM

I was just wondering the other day what had happened to you... thanks for "checking in"!

hope things start getting better. at least the 3 weeks are almost over.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

7/29/09 9:17 AM

We missed you.
Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/31/09 8:44 AM

missed your posts too...i haven't been here much eitehr (buta bit more than u i think)

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

8/7/09 5:25 PM

Thanks for all your well wishes.
B"H we are still treading water with 99% of the time above water.
Family politics are wonderful
Kol Tuv and Good Shaboos,
Aba and Ema

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

8/27/09 10:08 AM

Update:
B"H Ema handled the family politics very well in fact I think everyone involved came out better for it.
On the down side:
1. Ema's T is leaving.
2. one of kids has inflated sugar in the blood. Hopefully he will be fine but diabetes and hyperglycemia run in our family.
3. I ended up with a cosmetic problem with my teeth which will cost min $500 to fix.
This is along with the regular pressers of life and lack of money which I'm sure all/most of you can relate to.

To get me through the day I've been trying to meditate on the phrase/idea "Ayn od milvado" nothing else exists but Hashem and "Shema Yisroel ...". B"H it does help. I mentioned this to my Rov and it turns out Rabbi Chaim of Volozhin in Nefesh HaChaim suggests meditating on "Ayn od milvado".

Dixiy Yid directed me a post at http://curiousjew.blogspot.com/2009/08/precious.html which some of you may find interesting. I the video clip is blocked for me so I can't comment on it's content but I found what she wrote worthwhile.

Hatzlacha and Bruchah to all,
Aba

Edited: 8/27/09 at 10:09 AM by Aba

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/25/09 5:47 PM

Just wanted to check in. Between the baby and work I am so exhausted and have no strength to keep up with everyone.
B"H I just finished 99% of a big project and tomorrow is a day off.

My T is worried about my mood, he me told me either I start exercising or he will send me to the Dr. for meds.
Otherwise the baby and Ema are doing as expected. Hopefully the baby will continue sleeping for longer times at night and we will get more rest.
Kol Tuv,
Aba

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

11/25/09 6:24 PM

Aba, it's nice to hear from you again.
I know, things can be really stressful after having a baby - I can imagine how tired you are.
Is there any way you can take some time out during the day - even a little bit - for yourself? It's really important that you take care of yourself - for you, Ema, and for your kids.
I hope things settle down soon - for you, and because we'd love to hear more from you again on this forum. We really do miss having you around!
Good luck.
D&O

I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

11/25/09 10:43 PM

Aba, I second the motion.

It's nice to hear from you, and hopefully things will get easier now.

Take good care of yourself, and you and your wife should have lots of Yiddishe nachas.

Edited: 11/25/09 at 10:44 PM by gad

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/30/09 2:07 PM

Thank you.
Today is a quite day at work so I'm trying to catch up. I hope people don't get sick of seeing my name all over the place all of a sudden.
As I said under small victories I went to the gym last night I think every bone in my body hurts.
Kol Tuv,
Aba

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.