Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Support Groups forming
Created On 11/15/09 3:04 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

tlmhnow
Supporter

11/15/09 3:04 PM

Support Groups Forming

For More Information Please Email

tlmhnow@live.com

Please Include:

1- The nature of your issue, ex: anxiety, depression, parenting, etc.
2- Your gender and approx age
3- Where you saw this ad
4- Your City and State

Accepting Some Insurances

Edited: 11/15/09 at 3:12 PM by tlmhnow

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/17/09 11:14 AM

Who are you?

Bottom

tlmhnow
Supporter

11/22/09 1:35 PM

Hi Dr Lynn,

I am just an ordinary person whose gone through much in life and feels there is a lot of work to be done in the area of mental health in the frum community. I am not a proffessional but I am organising separate support groups for men and women in the orthodox community, right now in the tri-state area.
The men's group is being led by Simcha Fuerman LCSW-R and the ladies group will be led by Aviva Biberfeld, Psy.D. Both are licensed, experienced proffessionals.
The groups will be 'closed' four week cycles with a commitment per cycle. Both therapists are in Brooklyn but I would love to hear from people in other areas as well, we can move to bigger and better- why not.

Hoping to hear from you soon,
TLMH

Edited: 11/22/09 at 8:50 PM by tlmhnow

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

11/29/09 9:26 PM

I will be helping timhnow@live.com, organize the groups. You may also email me at RutieEta@gmail.com

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

11/30/09 8:31 PM

Sorry for the typo. You can either e-mail me,RutieEta@gmail.com or tlmhnow@live.com.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/12/09 11:50 PM

Hatzlacha! If I can be of assistance, please let me know. Thanks for letting me know who you are- I get a little protective of the members of this board, and there are a lot of "predators" out there.
a lynn

Bottom

bubbyof5
Junior Supporter

1/14/10 8:49 AM

I am a 53 year old woman.Happily married.I suffer from some anxiey,obsessive worrying,a fear of flying.
To answer your questions I found this group under frumsupport ,in the mental health general forum.
I live in Brooklyn,New York
If you are forming a support group I would be interested in finding out some more info. about it.
Thank You,
bubbyof 5

Bottom

tlmhnow
Supporter

1/15/10 12:30 PM

Hi Bubby of 5,

You can reach Aviva Biberfeld at 718-437-6995. She is doing intake and the price is $200 for 4 weeks . We need to have 5 people minimum and eight max.
Please contact Aviva.
Thanks,
TLMHnow

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

2/2/10 12:31 PM

I am trying to form a weekly evening support group for women of all ages. If you are interested, please send me an email (I do not know how to retrieve personal messages.). My email address is RutieEta@gmail.com.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

2/5/10 12:29 PM

Regarding the in person support groups, enough of you have not responded.
I once went to a frum support group. Everyone should know that everything that is said in the group stays in the group. I felt safe to express myself since everybody else in the group wanted the fact that they went to the group to be kept confidential.

If this is holding you back, don't let it!
Please email tlmhnow or me, RutieEta@gmail.com

Bottom

tlmhnow
Supporter

2/20/10 10:33 PM

Hi Dr Lynn and Everyone Whose Following the Thread,

I'm so happy to report that the first group for men only actually happned this past week with Simcha Feuerman. If anyone eles wants to join, please contact him directly at 718-793-1376 or email at simcha_chaya@excite.com, and much much Hatzlacha, I myself find groups very very therapuetic as it helps one lose that sense of isolation around cirtain feelings that we may feel very alone in. The group with Aviva has yet to happen and please call Aviva directly as she screens before she forms the groups. Her number is 718-437-6995. She is a very wonderful and warm therapist.

Shavua Tov,
TLMHnow

Edited: 2/20/10 at 11:28 PM by tlmhnow

Bottom

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

5/11/11 11:21 PM

HI...I'm wondering if any of these support groups are still happening? I'm dealing with depression, self injury, the works...are there any support groups/group therapy out there?

Thanks!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

6/2/11 7:18 PM

I don't know. Sorry. Were there phone numbers listed before, or pm the organizer.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.