Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: feeling so odd
Created On 12/8/09 1:00 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Debbi
Senior Supporter

12/8/09 1:00 AM

For the past few days, ive been feeling so far away from everything. I feel as though i am watching my life evolve through the lense of a movie camera.

In some ways feeling this great distance is far better than feeling depressed- which is how ive been feeling for a long time. At least now i can get out of bed in the morning and actually face the day, and do what i need to do, without feeling as though Im wading through water.

However this "faraway" feeling is odd. Often during the course of my day, the thought that "I should not really be here", or "What am i doing living on this earth?" or "i'm much better off being dead" - has been popping into my head with no warning.

Has anyone ever experienced this sort of dissociation- where life feels so very far away?

Its kinda nice and calm, but a little frightening too.

( i feel the need to cut just to "feel" that everything is real))

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/8/09 6:38 AM

Yea i've been there totaly disassociating from life and feeling like i'm walking through a cloud. I would cut just to feel.

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/8/09 4:54 PM

YES!!! I call it numbness to my depression. I like it more than depression as well because...well, you aren't really sad. You're just numb...nothingness. But it is such a weird feeling.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/10/09 3:45 AM

See my post and reference here:

http://www.frumsupport.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=195&threadid=2051

where it says that even Freud experienced it to a certain degree.

Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.