Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: advice needed- skipped class and anxious (sorry it's long)
Created On 12/8/09 4:52 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/8/09 4:52 PM

this could prob go under many different categories but I guess I'll just put it here under "general"

I messed up again.
I had a test in my math class yesterday and I was too tired Sunday night to study and too tired Monday morning to take it.

So I skipped class. Like seriously when I say too tired I mean it- I tried looking at the material Monday morning and couldn't even understand the questions- there was so way I could actually take a test. (I was so tired it was a safety hazard to drive even).

I'm not sure why I was too tired. I got SOO much sleep Sunday. Maybe it has to do with that I've been overly stressed lately. Maybe it's because I ran out of my adderall. Maybe it's because I don't eat enough. Maybe it's because I've actually been eating more than usual lately and my body is reacting to all of the nutrients and using up my energy to absorb them?

All I know is I'm freaking out about tomorrow's class. I need to go. But how do I show up after I've skipped a test??? It's not like I have perfect attendance (I don't- I've had a rough semester and skipped many classes).

My anxiety is going crazy. Having social anxiety makes this situation even worse. I really messed up and it's the end of the semester next week I can't skip out now it'd be all that work I've done so far for nothing!

Bottom

littleengine
Supporter

12/9/09 1:49 AM

I wish I could help you.
Having to keep up with classes and tests is so challenging, when you are having problems with stress and eating and sleeping too much/too little (it's hard to figure out what the problem is when so many things happen at once).
I remember what a rollercoaster ride college was for me because the setting didn't take into account my difficulty processing info(attention), organising, getting started on tasks, planning, concentrating for long periods of time- all of which made things complicated when I had a test to study for. And social anxiety and my 'down' moods made it that much harder. I used to stay up late, push off studying til the last minute and skip class whenever I wasn't ready for a test.
Somehow, though, I did graduate, get my degree and start working.

I wish I could tell you something that would make it easier for you but I can't think of anything.
But I am so familiar with the feeling that I messed up again and the anxiety that comes along with it.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/9/09 7:57 PM

thanks for writing. it's nice to be understood so it's ok that you didn't have any advice. part of the frustration was not having anyone to talk to about it who'd understand.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/10/09 3:40 AM

Originally posted by: killedlastyear
All I know is I'm freaking out about tomorrow's class. I need to go. But how do I show up after I've skipped a test???

How did it go?

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/11/09 3:39 PM

I didn't go

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/12/09 10:31 PM
User is offline View users profile

i cant give you advice, but i can say that ive done the same thing. just last week i took a "sick" day cuz i diidnt study for an ivris test. usually after i take class "off" i just go to the next one and act all cool about it, even if i think they know i skipped (sometimes you can cough abit or bloww ure nose a few times for extra reinforcment) i dont know if thatl help - i have yet to endure the torture called clloege, but i can just hope its not worse than HS...
good luck!!! sorry i really cant help ...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 6:07 AM

What Channa writes is true of everyone.

We all have, at one time or another, avoided what we were supposed to do.

I hope you are able to rebound and keep things going.

Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.