Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Social Anxiety Support Group
Created On 3/3/10 11:37 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

lookingaround
Junior Supporter

3/3/10 11:37 PM

I am looking for support group to attend or create for people with social anxiety in Brooklyn NY

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

3/4/10 12:45 PM

All groups even groups not specific for social anxiety, helps for social anxiety since in a group you talk about your feelings and hear others and a therapist helps guide the interactions.
The group members connect with each other and this is great therapy for social anxiety.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/26/10 10:39 AM

I agree that group therapy is an excellent way to address social anxiety.
a lynn

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/27/10 11:37 PM
User is offline View users profile

yeah, isnt confronting your phobia the whole point of DBT? (sorry , i quit it a few years ago- so i might be a bit rusty on what DBT is)

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/19/10 2:41 PM

yes

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

4/27/10 1:35 PM

I think there is an anxiety group in the Jewish Board for women. You can contact the director Faye Wilbur. I think the # is 435-7300. I am not sure. I can try to find o ut later.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

4/27/10 1:35 PM

I am not sure of the telephone # but do know there is a group on anxiety.

Bottom

littleengine
Supporter

5/4/10 12:42 AM

JBFCS phone number is: 718-435-5700. I think the group is on Tuesdays during the day.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

5/23/10 11:40 PM

They are trying to do the group on Mondays at 6pm starting June.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

5/25/10 9:49 PM

This group to help with anxiety will not get off the ground unless there is enough people.
Please, whoever might be interested, call the Jewish Board at 718-435-5700 and let them know you might be interested in joining the group on anxiety.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

6/15/10 6:49 AM

There is also a men's support group for all different kinds of issues.It has already started. It is led by Simcha Feuerman who I know personally and is a really good therapist and a very kind person.
If you would like to join, call 718-793-1376. I believe the group is on Tuesday nights in Brooklyn.
Please let him know you got this info from frum support as I told him we would be posting the information .

Bottom

barsam1
Junior Supporter

6/21/10 11:53 PM

Originally posted by: lookingaround
I am looking for support group to attend or create for people with social anxiety in Brooklyn NY

I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE AMEN CLINIC IT IS WILDLY EXPENSIVE BUT IT TREATS ALL KIND OF MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THRU SPECS THAT IMAGES ON THE BRAIN.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.