Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: dealing with IT
Created On 4/30/10 12:56 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

4/30/10 12:56 AM

I can't believe I did not know about this site previosly! For now, the worst of the flood of memories that made me feel queasy, guilty, sinful, marred, scarred, damaged, ashamed and afraid are back behind the prison walls. I feel much better because I know Hashem is taking care of me, always did and always will. My biggest problem is that I am mostly to blame for IT and it is completely icongruous with the rest of me, so it makes me ill to think about it. I don't want to think about it, but I do at the same time. It's all so strange. I feel like I'm fighting a war in my head.

Wow! It felt good to vent!

-------------------------
surviving

Bottom

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

4/30/10 1:24 AM

does anyone even know what I'm talking about because I can't bring myself to use actual, real words to define IT?

surviving

Bottom

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

4/30/10 2:00 AM

I hope someone answers me because it finally felt good to be talking to some people out there, albeit anonymous, who may know what I'm talking about.

Do I seem desperate?

surviving

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/30/10 9:45 AM

What you are talking about seems very common to me. Yetzer hara/yetzer tov. For all of us, there is a struggle between self nurtuance/health and self destruction.
a lynn

Bottom

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

4/30/10 12:01 PM

thanks Dr. Lynn. Of course that's true about the yetzer hara and yetzer tov. I'm constantly fighting that kind of battle. In this case, though, I'm not really sure which option is the yetzer hara. If I let myself into the memories, then I feel guilty, ashamed, sinful...etc and it is not very productive. Plus, the memories make my body go haywire which just engenders more guilt and shame. Yet on the other hand, I know that forcing the memories into the corner of my mind is not very productive in the long run. I know that the only way for me to come out truly ok is to face it, deal with it, and integrate it into who I am today

surviving

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

5/18/10 2:25 PM

Are you working with a therapist/psychiatrist to release you from your guilt?
a lynn

Bottom

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

5/26/10 2:34 PM

Yes, I am. It's just going to be a long haul

surviving

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

9/2/10 3:37 PM

How are you doing?
a lynn

Bottom

ea87576n
Junior Supporter

11/18/10 2:36 AM

Hi. Thank you for checking in. I actually have not been on this site in awhile...I've been quite busy with school work and things like that. I have actually recently switched therapists--i feel like there is hope in the world...but it is hard. I guess its never easy.

Right now, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that the only way out is through and acknowledge the I have to face the pain if I want to work through this.

surviving

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.