Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: how to vanish
Created On 8/16/11 2:39 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

LuYitzlach
Supporter

8/16/11 2:39 PM

If someone (me) has just totally had it with life, has seen enough pain that they just can’t take it anymore, how do they get out of it?

I mean, I know of some painless ways to end my life on this world; that’s not my problem. My problem is, that if I believe in an afterlife, then even when I get out of this life, I’ll just be thrown right into the next one. And something tells me it will be even worse then…

So is there any way to get out of that world? I once remember reading, I don’t remember where, that if someone is really really bad, G-d won’t send them to paradise or to purgatory – He’ll just make them into nothing, as if they never existed. Does anyone know which sins qualify?

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

8/16/11 10:49 PM

luyitzlach, it's funny how I had the exact same thoughts when I felt suicidal, and I felt so stuck, with no way out, either choice was bound to cause suffering, felt like bein' stuck between a rock and a brick wall, but I promise, even if it seems impossible to you, it does get better, the darkest time of night is before dawn. Just hang in there long enough to experience the bright side of life.

btw, not trying to scare you, but from what I've heard and read, if you sinned really bad (ending your life included) ur not turned into "nothing", your soul just kinda wonders around finding no rest, it's an extremely painful form of non-existence with no peace and no relief.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

8/16/11 10:50 PM

luyitzlach, it's funny how I had the exact same thoughts when I felt suicidal, and I felt so stuck, with no way out, either choice was bound to cause suffering, felt like bein' stuck between a rock and a brick wall, but I promise, even if it seems impossible to you, it does get better, the darkest time of night is before dawn. Just hang in there long enough to experience the bright side of life.

btw, not trying to scare you, but from what I've heard and read, if you sinned really bad (ending your life included) ur not turned into "nothing", your soul just kinda wonders around finding no rest, it's an extremely painful form of non-existence with no peace and no relief.

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

8/21/11 7:31 PM

i just checked it up, and i found it again ("the way of G-d/Derech Hashem", chapter 2). it seems like there is a possibility to just "be anihilated" - if one is so evil and corrupted that no amount of suffering or purgatory will help, then he just becomes like he never existed. unless i misunderstood it.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

8/21/11 7:50 PM

I'm so sorry ur feeling so desperate, I feel ur pain (to the extent possible) just know that ur not alone, people here really care about you.
I never learnt Derech Hashem, but checked w/husband and he confirmed that there's no such thing as nothingness, rather it's a form of non-belonging, meaning the soul gets lost and can't find any rest, it has nowhere to settle and wanders around in nothingness, disconnected from its source, I don't exactly understand it myself to be honest, but I just know that it's extremely painful, much worse than purgatory.
I wanna tell you something which I'm going to pm, check ur messages.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

8/23/11 9:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

Originally posted by: LuYitzlach
i just checked it up, and i found it again ("the way of G-d/Derech Hashem", chapter 2). it seems like there is a possibility to just "be anihilated" - if one is so evil and corrupted that no amount of suffering or purgatory will help, then he just becomes like he never existed. unless i misunderstood it.

dr depressed , yeah, but evil and corrupted? no way!! i dont know you, but if yuo feeel like you do it means ur sensitive- to sensitive to be mean... i cant get myself to say what i mean, its x coming into words, just a feeling... AHH!! i wish i knew what to say!!!

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

8/25/11 12:14 AM

i didn't mean that i was necessarily evil and corrupt. i meant that if that is the only way out, like if i wasn't interested in living in purgatory in this world and then doing it again 'up there'... and i decided that just turning into oblivion is the best option.... so i wanted to know *how to* become evil and corrupt, like what would make me qualify for this treatment...
not sure if i'm making much sense...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

8/30/11 3:07 AM

When the soul passes on to the next world, it sometimes needs a cleansing.

When someone suffered on this earth, there is much less need for cleansing, since the suffering on this earth cleanses tremendously.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

8/31/11 6:41 PM

how've you been doing luyitzlach? came up with any creative solutions? have been thinking about u, hope ur feeling better.

Bottom

yisrael
Supporter

9/1/11 2:29 PM

I do understand what you feel,every now and then i feel it but always come out of it.No one escapes judgement .dont do something you will regret.

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

9/5/11 4:24 PM

Haven’t come up with any creative solutions (if there was a solution I bet someone would have let the world know by now, no? )
I’m just hangin in there, some days my grip is better than others… thanks for askin

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

9/6/11 12:49 AM

glad you're still around, and even sounding better...

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

9/26/11 12:07 PM

So, like, I’m still thinking if there’s a way for me to get out of this misery... And since I now know that dying (suicide) won’t give me anything better cuz I’ll still exist, and I know that living is no fun cuz I’m trying it now and hating it… so I thought up of something…
Maybe if I cut out all of my brain (like cerebrum…) except for my brain stem and necessary parts, then I’ll still be alive so my soul will still be trapped in my body and won’t be able to suffer, but I won’t anymore be awake/conscious to know of my troubles. Like that I’ll be able to live in bliss… even if I won’t know I’m in that state…
What do you think?
(I know this really won’t work… cuz, from a practical point, how will my body regulate temp and how will I stay hydrated…. And, from a spiritual point, if I haven’t finished my tikkun, then I’ll just have to come back down to redo it and I really really don’t want to have to redo all this just to be up to where I am now… but I’m doing some wishfull thinking )

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

9/26/11 1:49 PM

sounds similar to a lobotomy, am not exactly sure how it works, but it was originally meant to sever some parts of the brain to provide some relief, I used to want that, but my pdoc said the research proves it doesn't even work, it just basically turns the person into a vegetable, so as you said, your only option is to stick with what you've got and try to make the best out of it... sure sounds like you are...

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

9/26/11 2:57 PM

thanks for the encouragement wishtobehappy! i really appreciate it!

Bottom

lookin'up
Supporter

12/11/11 5:08 PM

it sounds really bad your situation, but trust me it's not as bad as mine was. i don't know how to convince you, but i can tell you that G-d gave me so much hell after taking my father away from me without saying goodbye, i hardly have any tears left. So when you feel like jumping off the freedom tower, or try overdosing like i tried, although, i always managed to be careful not to take too much, remember it will end. it will. I suffered for over a decade with depression, mania, panic attacks, and other unspeakable cruelty. And believe me G-d loves you more than the average jo shmo, because of all the pain He's handed you. You may not see any light. I didn't. But once it's over, you'll be thankful you didn't jump. Because life can be very enjoyable.

By the way, I'm saying all this as a 31 year old that's not married. So understand that I'm not out of the woods yet, but I have tremendous Bitachon in Hashem that I will find my Bashert real soon, He can't torture me for so long. He's not out to get us, remember that.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/17/11 10:29 PM
User is offline View users profile

bimhara biyameinu!!!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.