Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: my brain doesn't stop
Created On 9/12/11 5:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/12/11 5:11 PM

ahhhh - having a bad day. My brain just never stops... stops.... stops.... it's like a broken record telling me all the things I must worry about and it tells me that I must listen to the record over and over otherwise i'll never be happy. wish i knew how to turn it off....

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/12/11 5:22 PM

i have so much on my mind and so many decisions to make - when that happens my brain is like a runaway train.....or a runaway train that goes around and around and around and around in a circle.

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

9/12/11 8:17 PM

Wow, sounds like your mind's like a washing machine now, spinning non-stop, that can feel overwhelming. Is there a way for you to sloooow down? Maybe jot things down on paper, whatever comes to mind, and go slowly, one thing at a time. Wow, wish can be more helpful

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

9/12/11 10:27 PM

i find that writing down all the stuff my brain keeps repeating to me helps. i just write myself a really long email with everything my brain is driving me crazy with that i don't want it to tell me. like that my brain doesn't feel the need to rehash it to me as much. it doesn't always work but a lot of times it does.
hope this helps...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

9/12/11 11:11 PM

Originally posted by: chocnpeanutbutter
it's like a broken record telling me all the things I must worry about and it tells me that I must listen to the record over and over otherwise i'll never be happy. wish i knew how to turn it off....

Maybe you can watch a movie or do something to escape the racing thoughts. And you can tell yourself, that even if G-d forbid something bad happens, or you're not happy, that it's not because you stopped thinking the thoughts.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

9/16/11 3:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

music always helps me... and showers...

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/18/11 1:00 PM

Thanx guys for all the tips. Am doing better. Instead of thinking about everything I have to do, I try to just think of the next step, like first make the phone call before you worry about what you'll do next. Trying to live one moment at a time. I really appreciate it when people take the time to answer me.

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

9/19/11 9:09 AM

Good. I'm glad you found a remedy that works for you.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.