Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Struggling
Created On 10/10/11 8:42 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 8:42 PM

Hi everyone.
I feel kind of out of things since I haven't really been posting too much in response to everyone on here but that's because I feel too confused to post.
See, I feel like my days are so mixed up. When I'm at work I am amazing. No1 knows anything, I am for sure one of the most cheerful people there. People tell me how they love seeing my smiling face first thing in the morning etc. and this is how I LOVE to be. But when I come home, I struggle a lot. I don't know why. I guess cuz things at home are very stressful right now (financially) and it's rubbing off on me even though it's my parents finances technically. I'm trying so hard to keep the good mood through my time at home but it's just not working. I'm thinking maybe I need an 'upgrade' of meds (an upped dose lol) but I doubt my Dr will do it for me b4 yuntif. I also don't want to tell my parents that what's happening with them and their reactions to it is stressing me out and making me feel kind of depressed. I don't know what to do. It's weird I think I'm also in denial that I'm feeling kind of depressed sometimes so I'm quashing it but I don't know if that's the smartest way to go about it.
Any ideas anyone? I understand if no1 wants to post in response to me being that I haven't answered any of your posts either recently.
And I'm so sorry for rambling here.
I hope everyone finds some relief soon! I'm davening and cheering all of you on!!!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 8:52 PM

Maybe you can ask your therapist if you should talk to your parents about what's stressing you.

Feel free to post. Everyone here cares.

Hope things improve, and that you have a happy Yom Tov.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 8:59 PM

Thank you gad. I don't know if I want to talk to them about it even if my T says I should. I know my parents and I know they will come up with an excuse about them being stressed and overwhelmed and things like that. I'm also pretty sure that my mom is depressed because of all the financial difficulties. I don't know. I'm so confused it's so hard right now!

Thanks for answering! And good yuntif to you too!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 9:51 PM

The question is, will anything be gained from talking to them.

Perhaps you just need to talk to someone. Or perhaps you want to let them know that you're under stress.

But could talking to them cause more problems? Like making them feel guilty and upset.

If you think that they can handle it and not get upset, then you may want to tell them that you're not blaming them, and you know that everything (finances etc.) is bashert (by Divine Providence), and you know they're trying their best, but you just want to let them know that you are under pressure, and maybe they can give you a hug or two.

But if you think that they can't handle it, and will just get upset, then it may be best to not talk to them about it, and instead to try to talk to someone else who cares and understands, like a good friend, or your therapist, or even on frum support, as you are doing now.

Hope to hear good news, and it should be a good and sweet year for you and your parents.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 10:09 PM

sorry, no words of wisdom here, gad said it all, just responding to let you know I saw your post and care... and
((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) if that helps at all....

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 11:27 PM
User is offline View users profile

FEEL FREE TO RAMBLE....(oops, i presed caps locks.. , k now whos rambling...lol)

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

10/11/11 10:28 AM

it makes sense that at work you would be smiling and at home...it's difficult for any child to watch their parents struggle, and financial stress can be way too much for anyone, kal v'chomer when it's your parents and you feel helpless and/or powerless in the situation. it's a good thing you go to work, it gives you a chance to detatch a little. hang in

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

10/16/11 9:23 PM
User is offline View users profile

I don't have any advice but I just heard now that you landed a job so mazel tov on that.
(I hope I'm correct that it was you who had a hard time getting a job but I have a feeling I'm mixing your situation with up toy's. Sorry if I am)

Kol Tuv

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.