Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: advice welcome
Created On 2/2/12 8:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

2/2/12 8:11 PM

so you guys know about how I have trouble keeping boundaries with people sometimes, especially if they give the message that they want to be my MOTHER. So at work I've been working in close proximity with a person with similar boundary issues, who sent these kind of messages, and it's getting out of control. I've been requesting to switch where I am stationed so that I can stop this whole pattern, but since I couldn't explain the real reason, everyone said 'try to work it out.' (They thought we were just having a conflict). I've made a decision now that I MUST get away from her - i'll even explain to supervisors how boundaries got crossed - any advice on how to tell something like this to a supervisor? I've tried every other way of making it work out and I know now that I have to explain the situation. Anyone?

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/3/12 3:36 PM
User is offline View users profile

honesty? people respect that, even though its really hard to do.
maybe just be VERY vauge and casual so they dont think "OMGSH" but they do sooemthing
actualy, idk, im not sure about this stufff so i dont know why im posting...
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/3/12 4:51 PM

I learned the hard way that being honest works the best. It may be hard in the short run, but in the long run, it really pays.

I'm not saying its always is it the right thing to do - like if its somthing that really should remain private, then u have to figure some way around it - like I wouldnt go around telling everyone that I have depresstion and ect... But on the whole, when its possible, its best to just be straight and honest.

Is your supervisor understanding? Is she someone you could trust? If yes, then I think it might work best if you ask to talk to her in private for a minute- tell her that you've been having boundarie problems - just keep it simple, light and to the point. No reason to go into all the details. If shes an understanding person, she should be able grasp the problem pretty easely, and hopefully she'll be able to accomidate you.

I admire that your trying to stop this pattern and do whats good for you, even though its so difficult.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

2/7/12 10:13 PM

How about saying, "We get along so well that it's going to effect the quality of my work"? You know, how in school if two kids were too good friends so they were talking all the time and the teacher would seperate them?

frumsw

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

2/13/12 11:03 AM

So I explained it to the supervisor - she was very understanding, and I think she even got what I was saying - but she said she wants me to stay anyway - so now it's just getting worse....

Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/17/12 3:21 PM
User is offline View users profile

oy! ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.