Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: New Here
Created On 2/25/12 10:27 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

browneyes
Junior Supporter

2/25/12 10:27 PM

Hi All,
I'm a bit new at this. I don't even know if I'm posting in the right category.. I hope I don't hurt any ones feelings here but was just wondering...
Sometimes I have a bad day, I feel lonely, down in the dumps, unfulfilled..... I always wonder is it normal to be so down....AI don't feel the need to go to therapy or something, I don't have any condition...Anyone else out there in the same boat?

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/25/12 10:51 PM

hi, welcome aboard!! so good to see new faces (although it would be better if you wouldn't have had problems )
yaknow, in a way its hard with ur situation cuz ur kindov undecided while others like me, know the problem... but u should be lucky that ur not labeled sick as i am..
maybe u should try to see someone that can help you, and maybe with jsut a bit therapy you can feel so much better.. although i know that this step might take tremendous courage but in the long run it might be worthwhile...
good luck and keep us posted.. feel free to pm me...

-------------------------
Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

browneyes
Junior Supporter

2/25/12 10:56 PM

I feel thankful that I'm not labeled but then again when you have a label you feel you sort of have a right to feel the way you feel.... I'm the type to be very honest with myself I had gotten some help earlier on but it didn't really help much and I saw when I was on my own I really grew bh!! I think bh I'm ok and I don't really need therapy I just need venting over my frustration... when things get down... I think every person has downs in life...Dunno if im expressing myself correctly....

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/25/12 11:01 PM

i know what you mean about not wanting to be labled... i also so much wished to avoid it... and i could tell you that i'm also the honest type and i'll never fool myself even if the truth hurts.. and one thing i could tell you is that even if im 'crazy' why do you think that i don't have a right to feel this way? did i ever choose to feel depressed and all?? i don't think someone ever wants to feel the way they do, and would love to feel better, isn't that true??

it wold be better if you post ur things in the depression forum even if your not depressed. cuz that's the most visited.. so if you want you can read pp responses and it might help you...

Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

browneyes
Junior Supporter

2/25/12 11:05 PM

ok will do that.
sorry what i meant to say is lets say when a person is physically sick then no one will judge them for feeling sick.... People who are "labeled have a right to feel down... Where as me if I have a down day I feel that hey I can't have a bad day... wtvr..

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/25/12 11:29 PM

oh, i get you!! that must be really tough... and that you can't explain emotional pain to someone that hasn't felt this.... in a certain way i can really relate to you cuz before i was officially 'diagnosed as crazy' i felt the bad and terrible but i had no right to feel that way, cuz i'm normal and that's what i have to act... although i felt everything but normal.. but i couldn't explain this to my parents and e/o else... cuz what excuse does a 'normal' person have to be in bed and cry like a baby??? these clueless pp don't ever know what it means to suffer emotionally...

and it would be much easier and even make you feel better when you know that your feelings are validated and that you are allowed to feel the way you do.. and btw, i think that the first part of feeling better is identifying with your feelings and say to yourself that it's perfectly fine to feel the way you feel.... no one has ever chosen out of a bag their circumstances and therefore can't be blamed for their struggles... go tell this to everyone...

maybe you could try telling those around you something like " i don' t feel the best , and at least be happy that i am healthy and alive and have no serious condition... i just have my moods like every human being. just becuse i'm not ill , does that mean i have to be perfect?"
duno if this makes any sense at all... but at least i'm trying... good luck!

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

2/26/12 12:25 AM

yes i see your dilemma, on the one hand you want validation that you have a right to feel the way you do... on the other hand you WANT to be normal and don't want the label... I have been through that too, in the end mine was officially diagnosed, but i'm not saying that is the case for you, and i'm not saying that it's not. now i am actually at the point that i want to be just a regular person who is a little more sensitive to certain triggers than is normal, but not someone who has this permanent label/problem, because that means it's harder to overcome it. Initially it was helpful to have the label, and be validated, because then i could stop pretending that it's not so bad, just go on with life, because the truth is it WAS so bad, and i was in a ton of pain! but now i am THANK G-D beyond that and i am just a little more sensitive to certain things, and have to be extra careful not to get triggered. but i only got to this point because i admitted that i had a problem and did the work needed to help myself. so now that i've said all that, don't think that i'm convincing you in one direction or another... i would need to hear more first. can you tell me- what exactly is it that you feel in the dumps about? Is it general, something specific, or always something different?

Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

2/26/12 12:29 AM

i wanted to add, don't ever feel that your problems are not so bad just cuz someone else's are bigger - one does not take away from the other. not sure if this applies to you i just wanted to let you know. that is something that i used to be nervous about at times on this site but don't worry about it -i found that everyone here wants to help you, no matter how big or small your situation is!

Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/26/12 8:48 AM

Hi! I just wanted to welcome you on here, browneyes.

Bottom

Teachright
Supporter

2/26/12 9:22 PM

hey browneyes,
i agree with chocpeanutbutter just cuz someones problems are greater than yours doesnt diminsh yours.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.