Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I'm mean, I'm sorry!
Created On 3/9/12 10:27 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/9/12 10:27 AM

I feel like I'm really mean since I don't post (too often) on other peoples posts since it just seems to draining for me but then I come on here and other people comment on my posts and I just feel mean about it.
I think I have to leave for that reason. I don't think it's fair of me to want others to pay attention to me and for me not to show outwardly that I am paying attention to them. I read all the posts and feel everyone's pain and love reading even the smallest of success stories but like I said previously, posting just seems too draining for me.
Even this post seems weird and not from me. Feels like it's from someone else. I'm so sorry everyone for being so selfish and burdensome.
Hatzlacha to you all and may we each see a yeshua bikarov- each our own personal yeshua speedily.

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

3/9/12 2:46 PM

Please dont leave us, hugs!

I have that too somtimes - not on fs, but in reall life. When I'm feeling really down, I dont always have the emotional abilty to be there for my friends, even though their there for me. When that happens, I try to just send a card or somthing, so they know that I still care and ect, just now I'm not really up to focusing on them. I think your posting the above, is kindov like the same thing as me sending a card. It was very thoughtfull of you to explain that you read everyones posts and feel everyones pain.

I think all of us on here can really understand your not commenting on other peoples posts. From your previouse posts, we can tell that your going through a very hard time, so its very understanable that your finding it draining to post on other peoples posts. So I (and probably everyone on here) dont think your being mean or selfish. So please dont let that be a factor in deciding to leave.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/10/12 8:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

AMEN Hugs, before you read on, think about the answer to this question:
Do you think IM mean?

Now, I know for a fact, that youw ould answer NO (what you would think might be a different story...but wud answer no)
So if Im not mean, and you do the EXACT SAME THING AS ME, then by default, your not mean to, right?
I barely ever respond cuz I dont know what to say or have no energy or that im embaressed that I post to much all the time and no one wants to hear what I have to say and al that stuff...
Also, people CHOOSE to reply to ur posts, they do it cuz they WANT TO, not becuase they expect anything back from you, and most of the time (or at leeast for me personaly) its AWESOME reading your posts cuz "hey! im not the only nut thinking that stuff! im not alone " and all that stuff...
Plus, if you FEEL HAPPY that OTHER PEOPLE have succseee stories, and that you FEEL BAD about not posting and that you read ALL the posts and FEEL EVERYONES PAIN, then therse NO WAY your mean or selfish or burdensome!!!
IF you want to leave FS cuz its a bad hashpaah or makes you depressed, LEAVE!! but dont leave us cuz u think ur mean, cuz ur not!!!
Messed Up- your so thoughtful that you send cards to yuor friends...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/10/12 8:53 PM

So get this post right now .

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

3/10/12 9:04 PM

hi hugs,
i second what everyone above said.
i know what you mean about it being draining to post sometimes.
i also struggle with feeling guilty for not being able to give emotional support to others,
especailly if they r supporting me.
but i think the key word here is 'able.'
you're not doing it to be mean. you dont want to be mean (maybe i shud be talking in first person-sorry)
you're simply not able. and thats ok.
i think thats how hashem created the world to run, sometimes
were in the position to give, sometimes to take.
and sometimes taking is giving to the giver.
hope this didnt sound like a drasha,
im just trying to say that i think i know how u feel
and wish u wouldnt leave for this reason.
gut voch!

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

3/10/12 10:38 PM

At first i wasn't going to post cuz i thought maybe it will just seem like i don't get you, but i feel like i at least have to let you know that i agree with what everyone is replying to you - you are most definitely not a burden here, and we all want you to stay! And if people don't reply to this thread, it's probably cuz they don't know what to say, but i'm sure everyone here would love for you to stay!
something to think about - maybe when you post and others comment, you are actually helping THEM, because it is a chance to distract themselves from their own situation, and to feel good about helping you! also, it doesn't mean that they're nicer than you if they reply - it's just a different way of coping. for example, now, my mom wants me to do something for her, but i'm replying to you instead cuz that makes me feel better, and doing the sewing that she wants wouldn't distract me enough from everything in my head. But maybe i'm actually not being nice to my mother....
i hope you'll rethink your decision!

Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

3/11/12 1:11 AM

We all do it. But I do wanna take advatage if this post to thank every1 fir their continuous suport...

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

3/12/12 3:16 PM

ditto.
and hugs, please don't be so harsh on yourself, we all love you.

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

3/13/12 7:01 PM

Hugs, I secound what everyone after me above said. Its all SO SO true.

btw channafofanna, I understand not responding cuz of no energy, but please dont not respond bec your embarressed or think no one whats to hear what you have to say. I for one ALWAYS like to hear what you have to say. I find that your post are usally right on target. And sometimes the style/way you anser some posts, really gets me to smile.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/14/12 6:15 AM

I see you guys as always there for me....even when not responding to a post, i feel you are there....under the same blue sky (as feivel the mouse puts it.) We're all in thisfight together.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.