Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Problem
Created On 6/26/12 7:44 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/26/12 7:44 AM

I have a problem.
I'm in a partial hospital program which I love. I feel like I am gaining so much from it, b''H. BUT here's the problem (and you might say that I am contradicting myself). I am suicidal right now but am too scared to tell anyone being that I don't like my meds Dr and I'm scared theyll take drastic action once they hear.
I don't know what to do.
Suggestions?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/26/12 11:10 AM
User is offline View users profile

TOTALY NOT CONTRADICTING URSELF!!!
Im happy you feel like your gaining, but if your still suicidal, how much could it be helping already?
When i was in a php I didnt really have anything to do with the meds DR- do you have a clinician there you could talk to? Or even any other of the staff? If you assure them that you dont have a concrete plan to do it or can sign that you wont do it, then they shouldnt take drastic action. Its important for them to know! I know easier said than done bu i think you should tell them. What drastic action can they do already? your there all day, and if you assure them your not in need of inpatient then it shouldnt change much...
((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))) HOpe it works out!!

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

6/26/12 3:10 PM

I'm glad you found a program which is working for you but I think we will all agree that suicide would definitely get in the way of any continued growth there. (If attempt at humor was in bad taste I apologize)

Channa is right you have a better chance at not having a drastic reaction by being open now then waiting till the feelings get worse.

Also, it's not a contradiction to feel you are in a good program and still have issues.

Good luck and Kol Tuv.

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/2/12 7:15 PM

I think you should tell the psychiatrist you are suicidal. Since they are a good program, they are likely to handle the situation well. It is important that there is clear and honest info btwn pt and md
a lynn

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

7/2/12 7:26 PM

Hugs how u doing?

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

7/3/12 7:17 AM

I am doing so much better.
I told them I was suicidal (thanks all for being so supportive of telling them) and feel 100x better right now. It was because someone I was "attached" to was leaving the program so I didn't have to take meds to feel better. I just talked it out and now voila- I'm smiling, and happy- b''H!!!

My next problem is... what to do afterwards. I don't really want to do what they think is good for me to do afterwards cuz I just want to go back to normal life of seeing my psych and psychiatrist but my previous Drs won't see me unless I do another program. It's frustrating for me but I guess I gotta do this other program
Now that I'm rambling here, I'll be quiet now. Thanks for caring everyone, especially Dr Lynn (who I'm noticing is here very often. Thanks for "taking" care of us!!!)

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

7/3/12 9:35 AM

B"H you are feeling better.

I hear your desire to move on but I can also hear there side that by not going to another program you may be skipping over a vital step in your recovery.
I hope it all works out for the best.

By the way I didn't notice any ramblings.

Kol Tuv

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/3/12 9:52 AM

that's really good news hugs! thanks for updating.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/4/12 2:55 PM

Could you explain what they want you to do and why you disagree? You don"t have to "justify yourself", I just want to understand better where you are coming from.
a lynn

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/5/12 3:17 PM

feel free to keep rambling Hugs- this is youor place to ramble all you want!!!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/18/12 7:26 PM

agreed. we are here for you

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.