Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Since None Of You Read This Post, I've Renamed It
Created On 6/12/05 5:08 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MacaroonFan
Supporter

6/12/05 5:08 PM

I'm in remission! For several weeks, I've only allowed my Bipolar Disorder to provide me with my intelligence, creativity, sense of humor and kindness. I have not allowed it to hold me in its clutches and systematically destroy me by means of episodic manias or depressions.

Because of the huge improvement that has taken place, I have attained a level of self-confidence, energy, happiness and kindness that I did not think possible before.

While what has happened to me was nothing short of a miracle, an outstanding book I've almost finished reading has helped me greatly on my road to remission. It's written by Dr. Frank Pittman and it's called: Grow Up! How Taking Responsibility Can Make You A Happy Adult.

Read it! It can greatly improve your attitude and outlook on life.

In addition, I have recently developed a technique I like to call 'Un-fighting'. I will explain it to anyone who asks me about it via private message. Un-fighting will reduce stress, increase happiness and maturity and empower you.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Shavuos!

-Tova

Edited: 6/16/05 at 9:20 PM by MacaroonFan

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/14/05 1:40 PM

So good to hear from you again Macaroon! And you sounds great B"H!!!

Bottom

MacaroonFan
Supporter

6/16/05 9:24 PM

Note:

Maybe if the members on this message board would stop being so pessimistic about their lives, blaming others for their problems and avoiding solutions to their mental health issues, they'd be more interested in reading this thread.

As previously stated, I am happy to provide the secrets to remission (and thus happiness, contentment and self-confidence) to all who ask for it via private message.

-Tova

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

6/17/05 11:44 AM

Tova,

Mazel Tov!! u should always have good mazel. Congrats to you!!!! Keep it up!! Hatzlacha Rabba!!

i'm very impressed.

Ur so right about not being pessimistic. Hashem sees when a person is trying to help themselves and he helps them even more!!

i'm getting a handle on my life too. Boruch Hashem i'm doing better. ( i'm not bipolar, i have other challanges )

Ray

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

6/17/05 1:48 PM

Tova!

Yes, Mazal Tov to you and I hope Hashem will help you stay in remission. Yes, I am interested in the secret to happiness and contentment. I will ask you privately as you said.

Please keep in mind though, that not everyone here is pessimistic or avoiding the solution to their mental health problems.
I think most people here are actually looking for a solution to their problems and come here for advice from others.
Also remember that most of the problems people describe are biological in nature and cannot control them so easily.

Personally, I can tell you I do not blame anyone for my depression nor am I avoiding a solution. I am constantly searching at great lengths for a solution for what I am convinced is a chemical imbalance. So I look forward to reading about what you have to say.

RAY- I am really glad to hear you are getting a handle on things. I hope that continues to improve as well. How are you feeling physically?

Have a good Shabbos all!
Ernie

Bottom

bubbles
Supporter

6/18/05 10:38 PM

Tova,
I'm glad to hear u r feeling better.
I wish u much Hatzlocho.

Ernie,
why do u assume that your depression is Chemical?
Are u taking any meds?
Therapy?

Has your doctor diagnosed your depression as a chemical inbalance?
Sorry so many questions, was jst wondering where and what sort of solutions u r searching for.

I suffer from PTSD which includes depression.
I imagine that when my PTSD symptoms clear up, the depression will lift too.
(sounds too simple right?)

anyway, hope everyone has a Gut Voch.
bubbles.

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

6/19/05 9:36 AM

Hello Bubbles!

I hope you are feeling OK today. I am taking meds. (Cymbalta, Neurontin-not an antidepressant but sometimes is useful for it, Klonopin, and believe it or not I am given Vicodin for depression- a narcotic).
I have done lots of psychotherapy. B"H I have had no major trauma that I can recall and I am grateful for evreything that I have. But I remember trying to suffocate myself as a child and being a sad child in general. The only conclusion my doctors can come up with, is that my depression is chemical in nature.
I have tried a zillion drugs, one of which had to imported from Canada as it was not available in the US.
I was very close to doing ECT (electro shock), and I may still do it, but I became somewhat discouraged after meeting with the doctor that does it because he was not that optimistic about success in my case.

How are you coping lately?
Please don't worry about too many questions- I am glad to help and appreciate your concern.

Ernie

Bottom

bubbles
Supporter

6/19/05 9:48 PM

hi ernie,

thanks for being so very informative.

I am begining to comprehend why and what u r searching for. It sounds really difficult to be fighting something with no origin, or to be more precise "roots".

It must be a constant struggle. I am sorry you have to deal with this, and at the same time I greatly admire your courage in pursuing your struggle, instead of allowing it to swallow you.

You must be a great inspiration to many people.
On a more current level, how do you live on a day to day basis?
Is your depression continuous, or does it happen in cycles?

There are people who do ECT, when all else fails.
I know someone personally, who went through the treatment, was succesful, but then proceeded to suffer from complete short term memory loss.
So u need to be careful, and do plenty of research before u make a decision. (which i'm sure u will, u don't seem like a foolish guy.... wink

thank u for asking how i am.
B"h i have had a major break through in therapy, and i think I am finally on the road to recovery.
(scared to be overly optimistic, incase it all comes crashing back)

As I have already said, I suffered from long term child S. abuse, at a fairly young age, which caused me to develop PTSD symptoms, although I had not recalled the abuse until a few mths ago!

After doing some EMDR sessions, I began to recover memories. It has been intense, and quite difficult, but I am not one to give up so easily, and so with the support of my wonderful husband, and therapist, and close friends, I think I shall find my way out of the dark tunnel.

About a year ago, when my life became too overwhelming, with kids, work, and therapy, I was forced into accepting medicine.
I am taking Lexapro, and then Provigil, which counteracts the drowsiness of the Lexapro.
These meds have not been a miracle for me, but have definately taken the edge of the pain of trauma work.
I am not familiar with the drugs you mentioned, except for Klonopin, which I tried, but suffered from too many side effects. (can't recall what exactly occured)

anyway, hope all is ok.
bubbles

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

6/20/05 3:02 PM

Edited: 7/13/06 at 7:35 PM by ernie55B

Bottom

MacaroonFan
Supporter

6/20/05 6:10 PM

Mr. Osmond -

You think 40-50 guys is a small minyan? You should see MY shul - there're maybe 40 people in the entire place, including the women and kids!

Bottom

MacaroonFan
Supporter

6/20/05 6:11 PM

Ernie-

You think 40-50 guys is a small minyan? You should see MY shul - there're maybe 40 people in the entire place, including the women and kids!

-Tova

Edited: 6/20/05 at 8:39 PM by MacaroonFan

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/1/06 10:23 PM

macaroon fan, please tell me about "unfighting". i am very interested.

atara (torsalicious613)

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Penina2006
Junior Supporter

7/13/06 1:06 PM

By the way-- Have you ever tried Hypnosis?!

Lots of Hatzlacha,
Penny

Bottom

superrepentant
Junior Supporter

11/29/06 9:04 AM

do you ( or anyone ) know of a group or organisation that helps mentally/emotionally challenged people in finding shiduchim?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.