Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: scared of g-d
Created On 4/2/13 12:14 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ArtYgirl
Supporter

4/2/13 12:14 AM

I am very scared of g-d. g-d can do anything....kill me anytime just do anything. It really scares me sometimes...

I have ocd maybe that's why...I don't know but its really scary...I cant do anything about it.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/2/13 9:03 PM

i can relate to that fear. its really scary to feel that way.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/3/13 3:52 AM

Welcome to FrumSupport! Hope you find it helpful.

Fear of G-d has to be balanced with love. Do you believe that G-d loves you and wants what's best for you?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/3/13 2:00 PM
User is offline View users profile

welcome!!!!
How many times have you messed up in your life? And how many times did Hashem kill you? SO you already messed up, and your still here. just something to think about. hope it helps!!!

Bottom

ArtYgirl
Supporter

6/27/13 10:32 AM

Originally posted by: channafofanna
welcome!!!!
How many times have you messed up in your life? And how many times did Hashem kill you? SO you already messed up, and your still here. just something to think about. hope it helps!!!

thank you

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/27/13 2:12 PM

np. how are you doing?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 8:08 AM

I find myself afraid of God not because of now, but because of the future -- when I die, I'll be held accountable for all the things I have done. I'm scared or my life being reviewed because I've done so many "bad" things. I know I'm not mostly good. I try but there are certain things I'm really bad about. I also know I will likely die young. That scares me too. The fear of the unknown....I know and believe in olam habah but since I can't visualize it (or visualize it being pleasant) I'm scared of it. Does that make sense????

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 5:11 PM

yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I would say that that is a very high madrega to "da mayayin baasa ilaan atah holech" (where ur from and where ur going. U shud allways be scared of yom hadin, but i dont know if youl accept that.
So one thing taht helps me A LOT with my shabos observance and i know someone who is very comforted by it and it really helps her.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 5:33 PM

sorry, parent alert. had to shut down frumsupport before finished post or id be french toast. Anyway, basicaly there was a guy who smoked and he went to his rav and said he was going OTD becuase Hahshem hates him. The rav asked why and he answered "becuase I smoke on shabbos" And the rav was like "so..?" and hes like well im mechallal shabos!! and the rav answered an amazign answer wich i wish i had the exact words that i heard the story from becuase they were so powerful, but i couldnt really. So if anyone has the real story (it was in hebrew but ill take english to!) please share it!!! but anyway the rav said so" how much do you smoke?" "2 packs a day"
The rav answered him " its not about the fact that you smoke at shabbos, you think Hashem cares if you smoke? no. Its about you trying. You smoke 50 cigaretes a shabbos, so if on shabos this week if you only smoke 49 then you are considered shomer shabos to Hashem. Once you can deal with 49 go down to 48 until you are able to go the whole shabos without smoking. Hashem dosent care about the fact that you did x or y, He cares that you are trying."
I wish i could say this in an inspiring way.... anyone want to rephrase it?
I dont even know if this will even help you....

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 10:36 PM

I love this story, Channa! Very powerful.

Munkster, do you know the mud story? It's in one of those Bedtime Stories kids' book. A wealthy chassid is very excited because the Rebbe is going to stay at his house when he comes to town. But when the Rabbi arrives, in the middle of winter, the living room fills up with local Jews, who are waiting to see the Rebbe and tracking mud all over the house. The host is upset about the mud. But the Rebbe tells him that when his time comes for final judgment all his sins will outweigh his merits. But no worries. The angels will come and bring piles and piles of mud - the mud that he allowed into his house in order to enable the local chassidim to see the Rebbe. The mud will be put on the side of merit, and will outweigh the sins by far.

Munkster, I think you've had plenty of mud in your life.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 7:05 AM

Thank you Channa and HM for your replies. Both of you make a lot of sense. I think the problem just comes down to the fact that I see all the bad I do and not much of the good. It slowly eats away at me. I guess I have to keep looking for the good. I do not believe this is an issue of guilt. I know I'm guilty of what I have done. But, I have to acknowledge some of the positive things I do too. I don't for some reason.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 9:22 AM

Did you ever try CBT, Munkster? It helps a lot with that! If not maybe try picking up the book Feeling Good By Dr. David Burns (its only $8) and if you dont want to buy it, just go int o a barnes in nobles and take a peak at pages 76-80 (or the whole chapter) . I found it very helpful with those thoughts..... even if you are guilty..(wich im not saying you are, i dont know your situation)

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 2:52 AM

I've tried the feeling good boook...i flunked
I guess I could try it again.....but not in mood to go happy wappy....i dunno my problem

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 1:51 PM

what do you mean you "flunked"?
"but not in mood to go happy wappy....i dunno my problem" can you explain what you meant by that? sorry!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 3:19 PM

Yeah, I think many of us have that same problem .

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 4:02 AM

Channa, I was unable to do it and apply it. It just wasn't happening for me.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 2:15 PM

why do you think you couldnt do it? apply it?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 11:37 PM

I am seeing this thread for the first time.
Hashem is not Sadam Husein!!!
Hashem is the most loving being in the world.

When we are treated harshly growing up we internalize that authority is harsh and punitive. It's hard to realize that the one in charge might actually judge is favorably...

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/10/13 12:49 AM

So true, Momo!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.