Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: online chat
Created On 5/29/13 1:56 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

fattygolucky
Supporter

5/29/13 1:56 AM
User is offline View users profile

sorry if i'm putting this in the wrong place...
does anybody know if there are any frum chat rooms for eds/si?
cuz sometimes at night... i've been on the non-jewish chats at 3 am... just make me feel worse cuz it's something i shouldnl't be doing.
sorry about all that!!! so, back to the question, is anybody aware of this/aware of how to put such a thing into existence?
thanks so much!

-------------------------
ki ayshayv ba'choshech, Hashem ohr li

...somedays i'm still fighting to walk towards the light

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/29/13 11:44 AM

welcome. not that i know of. why cant you be on non jewish chats?whats wrong with that if its helpful?
i wish they had the chat option here but i do email with people here so the response is sometimes quicker, if that helps.
feel free to post here, its nice to get new members.

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

6/2/13 3:20 PM

i can be on there. it's not that there's anything inherently wrong, it's just that sometimes the language there is well... ya know... and it's something that i've been trying to work on for the past little while cuz at one point i was using all the language from the proana/mia ones, which wasn't too great, so don't wanna stick myself back into that. also mitzad phraseology... sometimes i need to use a jewish word and i can't... or stuff about shabbos and yom tov... can't really start explaining....

thanks for the advice, and thanks for the welcome!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 8:12 AM

I agree, non frum chat rooms aren't ideal, but some are helpful and don't allow negative language. Just a thought.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

7/4/13 3:06 PM

any recommendations? cuz while talking to my pillow is always enjoyable, somehow it just doesn't always work...

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 3:09 PM

I don't know if this will work for you, but I've called crisis hotlines in the middle of the night when i didn't want to wake anyone and I needed to talk to a sympathetic person.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 3:12 PM

I do have one chat room that I use....I have to look it up on another computer....I'll PM it to you.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/4/13 5:08 PM

I was thinking it wouldnt even help if FS had a chat room becuausse it is so dead here. There is not so many people on the site, and not everyone who is frum knows about it or uses internet or can admit the factt that they have a mental illnes. its a lot more accepted by the goyim so theres more people to chat with...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 7:00 AM

Unfortunately, there is a lot of ignorance and intolerance of any thing differing from the conforming crowd, so I do believe you are right that a chatroom may be useless here....but there are many times that I'm on that 3 or 4 others are on too and I start wishing I could just talk to them. I love being Jewish, don't get me wrong, but the frum thing seems to be more and more about conforming and less and less about the spiritual. A sad statement but one I believe is true.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 9:23 AM

so true

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 10:02 AM

Agree with you, too, Munkster.

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

7/5/13 12:21 PM

thanks munkster!
wishicouldbenormal-in theory it's a grand idea, but i don't do well with the talking thing... much better for me to write
giving you all a bracha that you shouldn't feel that loneliness at 3 am (or anytime) and that you should always have who to talk to/communicate with, and yeah.
(eloquence is not my strong point!)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/5/13 1:05 PM

theres online chat rooms.....
i know that http://www.crisischat.org/chat/ has chating with crisis counselor but i think its only from 2pm to 2am.
and theres always samaritans... http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/different-ways-you-can-get-touch/what-happens-when-i-email, but they arent the fastest at getting back to you
https://www.imalive.org/ has the smae problem sometimes..
hope that helps....

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

7/7/13 2:01 AM

thanks so much!
shavua tov!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.