Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Codepedancy
Created On 7/12/06 12:59 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Stronger
Junior Supporter

7/12/06 12:59 AM

I am surprised there isn't a huge forum on this topic here. Is anyone out there getting help for this? Anyone in, or out of, an abusive relationship with a spouse, parent or child? I have been trying to find a group or any kind of help with this. I've read a tons of books but I need to talk stuff out with someone who's been there.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

7/12/06 10:55 PM

Al-anon groups deal with codependency issues.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

Ma
Junior Supporter

7/17/06 1:17 PM

codependency isn't limited to al-anon alone. Stronger, what type of codependency were you refering to?

Bottom

yisrael
Supporter

8/11/09 3:57 PM

the best solution for my problems so far has been working with codependency[which has a long way to go] i would love if i could hear from more people on this i have found it to be rooted in alot of shame and tramau.the hardest part is to recognize it to come out of denial.i also found that the idea of boundaries is something which alot of people could benefit from,especially the ones suffering from any form of abuse.i would recomend 2 authors which have been the only thing keeping me alive,pia mellody,john bradshaw

Bottom

Supporter

8/23/09 10:11 PM

Do you mean Melody Beattie? She wrote Codependent No More.

Bottom

tova
Junior Supporter

8/25/09 9:07 PM

Melody Beattie also wrote a later book called "The Language of Letting Go". It's the best book I've read so far...... Amazing and inspirational.... It lifts me up when I feel like "I've had it....." and always manages to hit hard where I need it most.....

I also find that reading books is not enough...... you gotta actually impliment it..... work on it..... It takes loads of courage..... and lots of strength..... but it's the only way....
The first time I said "no"..... was like giving birth...... now, it's a little easier.....

Good luck.....

Bottom

yisrael
Supporter

8/27/09 2:53 PM

i have seen 'codependent no more' but i am refering to a different book called facing codependence its written by Pia Mellody

Bottom

besuros toivos
Supporter

9/8/09 8:22 AM

this posting is amazing something that touched my heart a suffering person with codenpendency. can we be in touch.

i have just read that book it was great would be grateful to be in touch

-------------------------
a firm believer

Bottom

yisrael
Supporter

9/13/09 4:18 PM

which book have you read?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.