Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: BPD-looking for support
Created On 11/27/06 11:50 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

shmiel
Junior Supporter

11/27/06 11:50 AM

I'm a 22 year old yungerman sufffering from borderline. I'm going for DBT sessions. I've seen some improvement and I'm looking for a friend (preferabally in brooklyn) who is either in it, or has beaten BPD. Anyone else out there. Please respond!
Thanks

Bottom

redhead
Junior Supporter

11/30/06 1:01 PM

hey read rachel reiland, my journey from boaderline personality disorder
cant say i've beat the bpd, but i know i will
i hate dbt, my T says people who need it most hate it!
rather do other stuff
your not alone
got friends in it too
its a process, journey, exciting one that is.
i dont live in brooklyn, but keep looking, there are lots of them out there

redhead

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

12/3/06 10:47 AM

I'm not sure if u r looking for a 3D friend, or on line. If u are looking for an on - line aquaintance, then I have a suggestion.
You could post more details rather than just "Looking for support", in other words I mean, talking about a specific event that you are dealing with, or feelings that are coming up.
It is easier for people to respond to specific ideas, as a opposed to a generalised type of question.
In this manner people will get to know more about who you are, and will be able to support you on a much deeper level.

good luck
debbi

Bottom

Supporter

12/11/06 2:17 PM

Good for you that you are addressing it early on and getting help.

Severe borderlines don't recognize or refuse to admit that they suffer from it.

Where are you going for DBT?

The info could be helpful to others looking for a group.

R.

Bottom

Panda613
Supporter

1/2/07 10:49 AM

I heard of a frum DBT group starting in Monsey. AT the Birkur Cholim - Dept. of Clinical Services.........you must be referred by your individual therapist in order to participate.
(845)4254756

-------------------------
Panda613

Bottom

Zehavi
Junior Supporter

1/23/07 3:35 PM
User is offline View users profile

I suggest that you go to the Mood Disorders Support Groups sponsored by the Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance. They meet on Wednesdays at the St. Luke's Roosevelt Adult Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. Go to the site: www.mdsg.org... There are a few frum people who go to these meetings...

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

10/6/08 4:51 AM

Are any of you still here? I am suffering from BPD. It would help to talk to other people who are also.

Bottom

Supporter

11/16/08 7:33 PM

Leah,

Have you made any progress in treatment for Borderlines?

I'm looking for a support group for family members of BPD sufferers.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

11/17/08 4:11 AM

Yes, Thank G-d i have made progress. Being in a BPD program at UCLA is helping. Very slow progress, but helping. Still difficult, tyring to hang in there.

Bottom

mominpain
Junior Supporter

11/15/09 11:21 AM

hi, i am the mother of a BPD and would love to be in touch with other parents who are dealing with the same issues. just as a BPD goes thru gehenum, the parent who loves a BPD and tries to be their helping support, goes thru gehenum on their own.
yes, you know they have a problem and are not in control of their destructive actions, hurtful words, and torment their loved ones go thru. but you reach a point where that knowledge just doesnt help anymore. someon who tries to love a BP (who is in denial and wont accept any help) is in for torment.
anyone who is experiencing the same?

Striving for emunah pshuta; to accept with love. Everything comes from the One who is All Good.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

11/16/09 12:48 AM

I just want to express my sympathy for what you are going through.

I hope that things improve soon for you and for your whole family.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/16/09 6:02 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm not a parent but I am a husband of someone who suffered with BPD and it was not easy. B"H things have gotten better. I suggest you read the book Stop Walking on Eggshells http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Walking-Eggshells-Borderline-Personality/dp/157224108X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258412335&sr=8-1 good luck.
Kol Tuv,
Aba

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.