Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Young Sufferers
Created On 1/3/05 1:30 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Certain
Junior Supporter

1/3/05 1:30 AM

Any young ones out there?

I have an undiagnosed condition with tremendous joint pains.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/3/05 9:32 AM

I have had some form of arthritis since I was 11 years old. I am now 36 and still suffering from joint pain. It is diffuse and makes it difficult to do things. What are your symptoms? How old are you? What have the doctors said?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/3/05 9:46 AM

I have had arthirits (of some type) since age 11 and am 36 now. My pain is diffuse and I have tough days and less tough days.

Bottom

GIRL19
Junior Supporter

1/3/05 11:49 AM

I'M LOOKING 4 A GIRL MY AGE WITH ARTHRITIS (19 YEARS OLD)

Edited: 1/3/05 at 11:52 AM by GIRL19

Bottom

HAPPYGIRL
Junior Supporter

1/3/05 12:11 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN A SUPPORT GROUP

Bottom

Maayan
Junior Supporter

1/3/05 6:47 PM

I have terrible arthritis in my ankles. I have no idea what to do about it. It has been going on since I was 18.

Bottom

GIRL19
Junior Supporter

1/4/05 4:18 PM

HOW OLD ARE U NOW, MAYBE I CAN HELP U OUT...

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/5/05 5:43 PM

Happy Girl, Are you looking for an online support group or a local support group? Arthirits Association has many, but there is a mayloh of having frum input in a support group. How old are you? What is your info? I would like to talk to you further.

Bottom

Certain
Junior Supporter

1/10/05 1:33 AM

It seems like fifteen people are responding when it really is one or two.

Serious replies only, please.

Thank you.

Bottom

Amalowi
Junior Supporter

1/13/05 12:24 AM

For those who have had joint pain since they were young.I also fall in that category and my doctor thinks I have something called ankylosingspondyllitis its a type of arthritis that starts when one is a child.There is plenty of information on the web.

Bottom

Amalowi
Junior Supporter

4/4/06 4:12 PM

Alot of people have wrote on the board that they have gone to the mayo clinic pain managment inorder to learn how to deal with the pain or they have tried many different kinds of treatment.I would like to know what kind of insurance you have.I am looking to get new medical insurance I want to get one where I can see any doctor I want and if there is even one that will cover alternative therapies.Can anyone help me and give me some ideas?Thanks

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

4/5/06 5:49 PM

Many insurance companies allow Mayo clinic reimbursement due to the fame and the fact that all people accept it. I have a PPO, yet they allow the Mayo. You could check with the different insurances and ask them. I stronlgly recommend this Pain rehab clinic as it has changed my life!
Miriam

Bottom

Amalowi
Junior Supporter

4/7/06 12:13 AM

Which PPO Do you have which insurance company?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

5/1/06 1:48 PM

I have a ppo for WI. Each state has different ppo's.

Bottom

Supporter

5/1/06 5:27 PM

It is important to understand that arthritis is about inflammation of the joints. As such it makes sense to treat the inflammation. In my work in nutritional support I have seen many people who have found great rrelief when using the following products.
You may locate a Shakllee distributor for these products. The first one is a glucosamine product. Theirs is a top notch formula. In fact, I've seen people who've tried other brands of glucosamine and not found the relief they did when on the Shaklee glucosmine. Another fantastic product which my 9 year old daughter uses with much success is Shaklee's muscle and pain cream, something like it. It works wonders! I lent it to a friend whose son had a stiff neck and she reported excellent results! It is very helpful for my daughter who complains of chronic joint and bone pain. It is a cream that I rub onto her back (spinal area) and over her knees and sometimes her wrists and arms and legs.She has a severe allergy to gluten which was just diagnosed. This gluten allergy is probably the culprit of her bone pain. I am hoping that as she follows a gluten free diet the inflammation will subside.Shaklee also has a pain relief product in tablet form and I've heard people have been very pleased with the results.
As I understand it the glucosamine product helps to rebuild joint tissue. I have heard people finally found relief using it.
One woman I know had to stop working due to some sort of inflamation of her shoulders. She followed a different route. She went to a chiropractor and she reports feeling much better. Still in some pain but much much better.
May the Ribono Shel Olam send you the right shaliach soon,

Bottom

ramom83
Junior Supporter

12/9/08 9:14 PM

Support group for women in their 20's and 30's with arthritis. Confidential. First name basis. Join our group of 4 women. Call 718-395-3557 and leave a message, or e-mail ramom83@live.com.
Be well,
Chavi - Brooklyn, NY

-------------------------
RA Mom

Bottom

freespirited1
Supporter

12/29/10 6:02 PM

Back to the way this thread started, I am also a young sufferer with an undiagnosed condition. For the past year and a half, I have been jumping from doctor to doctor, mostly because they can't figure out what is wrong with me, but also because several of them have been rather mean to me and have convinced my father that there is nothing wrong with me.

Now, after having not seen a doctor in more than a year about the strange list of symptoms I have, a doctor suggested I see a rheumatologist. We are going to schedule the appt soon. But I'm really looking for support.

Has anyone ever been there-where you don't even care what it is anymore, you just want an answer? Where you're so sick of people insisting that there's nothing there because they can't find any proof that you don't ever want to see another doctor again? I know I need an answer, but I'm almost willing to give up just so I don't have to go through the pain of being told they can't find anything again. Is there anyone here who understands this?

-------------------------
Smile; it's what your mouth is there for
---
I have the short-term memory of a carrot
---
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap

Bottom

MagicBox
Supporter

7/13/11 2:37 PM

Is this forum still up and running ;-) anybody still around here?!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Rheumatology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.