Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feeling nervous
Created On 1/30/07 5:43 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mevakeish
Junior Supporter

1/30/07 5:43 PM

I'm feeling nervous all the time, but I don't know if it's emotional, mental, or physical. It could be because of my debts, but on the other hand, I've had it for a while, but just started feeling this way a few weeks ago.
Can someone help me please? I would really appreciate it.

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

1/30/07 6:04 PM
User is offline View users profile

You could be in the midst of a panic attack. There is not much to do for it, except heavy and deep breathing, I believe. But knowing that's what it is, helps. It can come with nervousness, and later on shortness of breath, and then you think you're having a heart attack, G-d forbid. I know I ended up in the ER with mine until I realized that was what was happening.

You could speak to your medical doctor about it and make sure everything is ok. Often, there are legitimate reasons for feeling the way you do, but everything is HEIGHTENED. i.e. if you'd normally be a 3-4 on the worry scale, it seems like its going up to 7 or an 8.

I also found that because I am overweight, my stomach pushes up on my lungs and heart and that can cause those feelings, too.

Go to the Dr and check it out, its probably nothing and knowing that for sure will help to calm you a lot.

Good luck.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

Mevakeish
Junior Supporter

1/30/07 8:25 PM

Thank you!

Do you think that eating better and going to sleep on time will help?

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

1/30/07 9:22 PM
User is offline View users profile

Sleep may help. The secret is the deep breathing, because the symptoms occur when you don't get enough oxygen into your lungs and you breathe shallowly. So some sort of meditational breathing, yoga, something like that may help.

But I think you should still get it checked out with your doctor to be totally sure its nothing medical.

Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

smiles
Junior Supporter

2/3/07 11:08 PM

If you think it's the debts that are bothering you, then you have to find a way to get rid of them or pay them with a loan on low interest... There are credit cards that will give you 0% interest for a year if you pay a minimum every month. Transfer your bills to credit cards as such and make a plan of how you'll pay them off. By this you're putting effort into getting yourself out of an obstacle.
Having a Rabbi as your image for your ID, surely means that you trust in Hashem and believe that Hashem will help you and is with you and is carrying all your burdens. If this is the case, as long as you're doing your part physically, by trying to remove the problem, Hashem will take care of the rest and this should lead to your removal of fear, nervousness, and feelings of instability.

Smile and the world smiles back.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.