Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: DBT
Created On 4/19/07 6:05 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

avious101
Senior Supporter

4/19/07 6:05 PM

can you explain to me what dbt is please b/c im going to a new t and she does dbt and how does it work with eating disorders if you have to want to change for it to work ?because my pdoc claims i have one but i no i dont b/c i eat most of the meals i need to just not all the time or my new T says its par of my ocd because im obseced with loosing weight and anything skinny or pretty but i dont think i have that anyway but ok now iim off topic but please take the time to reply to me

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

4/22/07 9:41 AM

i just wanted it to look new so Dr. Lynn would read it sorry

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

4/27/07 3:21 PM

same rason as b4

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/3/07 11:59 PM
User is offline View users profile

Sorry it took so long to respond. Basically, DBT is a combination of cognitive therapy and relaxation training, as I understand it. I do not have training in DBT, so my knowledge is limited. Did you see the new T yet? How was it?
a lynn

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/4/07 3:38 PM

yeah i saw her and iit went ok shes nicebut drones on andon sometimes but other than that its ok thanx for asking

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/6/07 11:05 PM

you could ask her to "drone" less, in a nice way, of course.
a lynn

Bottom

qwerty
Supporter

5/7/07 12:25 AM

Dr. Lynn, I am soooooooo glad you're back!!!!!!

How would one ask a t 'in a nice way' to 'drone' less and elicit more?

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/7/07 8:38 PM

yeah how would i ?

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/16/07 10:27 PM

Success in therapy is very much dependent on the quality of the relationship. Therefore, I emphasize the importance of honesty and trust when I work with people. If I think the patient is droning on, or avoiding something, I tell them directly, or ask a pointed question, like: Do you think this is the best use of our time? or I think something else is going on here. You could tell the therapist you don't feel you are being heard, for example. Does that sound too harsh?
a lynn

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/17/07 6:16 PM

so if i told that to you during a session you wouldnt be offended? im not trying to soundmean or anything but i dont really care the backround of whats going n like she tells me i waant her to talk to me abt my ,any problems

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/17/07 11:03 PM

I am not offended when people tell me they think I am off base- in fact I prefer that to them suffering in silence and resenting me and not benefitting from therapy
a lynn

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/18/07 2:52 PM

thanx but im still probably not gonna have the gut to tell her im to embaressed to

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

6/26/07 12:47 AM

What are you afraid is going to happen? This may be a growth opportunity?
a lynn

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

6/26/07 5:37 PM

ok 1. i was scared of her not liking me and i rather be mentaly il than hurt s/1s feelings and
2.she lets me tlk now a lot more but s/times she goes on and on abt mindfulness but i dont care b/c usually after she says that we make stickers

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

7/9/07 11:44 PM

why do you make stickers?
a lynn

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

7/9/07 11:45 PM

It is usually an important therapeutic subject to discuss your fear of not being liked.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.