Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: EMDR
Created On 9/10/07 10:49 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Panda613
Supporter

9/10/07 10:49 PM

Hello Dr. Lynn,

What is your clinical opinion on EMDR, its effectiveness on behavior modification, motivation and phobias?
Do you know of any clinics in the Rockland or NJ area that do this type of therapy on a sliding scale?

Thank you, and Shana tova

-------------------------
Panda613

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

10/10/07 12:21 AM
User is offline View users profile

Panda-
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have seen very good results with EMDR for trauma. Sometimes it works for phobias. I am not sure what you mean regarding behavior moification or motivation- could you explain? I am not aware of clinics that provide EMDR, but you can goto the EMDR.com website and find a clinician in your zip code who is certified. Some of those individuals may be willing to accept sliding scale. Let me know what happens.
a lynn

Bottom

bubbs96
Supporter

10/15/07 3:11 PM

Could you explain EMDR a little more? What kind of trauma does it work best for? It was suggested to me during my most recent hospitalization by the psych NP i was working with (but I was pretty skeptical of a lot of things she said....). I had intense, ongoing trauma...but I DO remember it.....is EMDR better for recovering memories? I have looked at the EMDR website (that's what the psych NP gave me) but didn't really feel like it explained how it might be better for me that the "regular" therapy I'm already in 3x/week...
thanks!

-------------------------
"Recovery is a process, not an event."
Even when it doesn't look like it, I am trying, and I'm doing my best in the moment.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

10/28/07 9:08 PM
User is offline View users profile

Sorry it took me so long to respond. When EMDR works, there is no comparison to regular talk psychotherapy. EMDR is more rapid and more effective, when it works. In my experience, it works best with single-episode traumas that occured during adulthood, in which the memories are vivid and disturbing. In cases where traumas occur over a long period of time and/or are not clear in mind, it can work, but the chances of success aree less. Please ask more if I did not cover your questions.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.