Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Question for Dr. Lynn
Created On 1/13/08 2:38 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

check123
Junior Supporter

1/13/08 2:38 PM

Dr. Lynn,

I am hoping that you could help to point me in the right direction.

I am a frum person who has made had many emotional ups and downs in the past. I am doing much better than in the past but still have difficulties with perfectionism and guilt and generally feeling low about myself.

I don't know where to go from here. I have been to counselors before but it is hard for me to trust one. And so I feel stuck.

What do you suggest? Thank you!

Bottom

Sarah
Supporter

2/12/08 10:40 PM

Dear Check123

I just came across your post and since I don't see any replies I decided to let you know what I think. It seems to me that you may have bi-polar disorder. If I was you, I would get a referral for myself from a GP to a psychiatrist. I would do research in finding a psychiatrist who would treat me as a person, not a patient and have respect for me since most psychiatrists nowadays just like to prescribe medication and don't bother listening to you.

Hatzlacha Rabba

Sarah

-------------------------
Daven to Hashem - He always listens to you!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

2/18/08 11:21 PM

I agree with Sarah. I think it it best to see a qualified mental health person so you can be properly evaluated.
Where are you located?
a lynn

Bottom

iandyou
Junior Supporter

12/2/08 7:30 PM

i would like to know the problem with my stomach i take madication but i dont eat a lot but i still have a very big stomach idont know to what it could lead to i take zypraxa maybe thats causing it but i think its got to be a solution to it im carying on my stomach about 35 extra pounds i am afraid of diabetes the bottom line is they got to be an answer to it maybe dr. lynn you could advice me with something

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/24/08 10:22 PM

Some medications do cause weight gain. If you think your weight is a side effect of the medication, speak to the person who is prescribing it to you. Also, you can ask Dr. Price a question about it. He is on this sitre and very knowledgable.
a lynn

Bottom

Bugs Bunny
Junior Supporter

2/3/09 11:39 PM

Dear Doctor
Medication threw injection would be advisable for Bipolar ? How about to switch from 1200 Lithium & 1 pill of Lamictol to injection how would that work?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/4/09 2:28 AM

You can go to the main menu and click "ask the psychiatrist" (it's the last choice on the page) and repeat your question there.

Edited: 2/4/09 at 2:31 AM by gad

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.