Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: marajuana
Created On 6/22/08 8:16 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/22/08 8:16 PM

ok i'm only asking this because i'm really curious, i'm not asking because i want a lecture on how bad it is.
but...
i smoked pot a few times before. and it's never enjoyable for me. but this last time was just horrible. i was getting so anxious to the point that i needed to lay down i thought i was just going to puke. i have social anxiety and the whole situation was just horrible for me. i felt like my social anxiety had escalated to a new extreme. i was even MORE aware of everything coming out of my mouth and it all just sounded so dragged out and awkward and stupid. do you think that my social anxiety has something to do with the fact that pot just isn't pleasant for me?
i'm never smoking it again btw (thats how bad it was), so like i said i'm not asking because i want to be told not to do it. just wondering if it can cause escalated social anxiety. everyone else seems to enjoy it so much!

Bottom

stacey
Junior Supporter

6/26/08 10:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi. Just thought I would respond. And the answer is yes, absolutely. Depending on your nature, if you are quiet, insecure already, sensitive, and a little over-analytical to begin with, marijana can cause these traits to become seriously heightened. A more healthy and more productive choice for people with this kind of nature is action, preferably experiential where your senses are heightened (which I think a lot of people are looking for when they smoke) and strengthened instead of heightened and intensified, which pot can do a little too much and throw you off balance.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

6/27/08 12:06 AM

Well said, Stacey!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.