Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Self-Injury and Depression
Created On 2/10/09 10:09 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

HopefulHeart711
Junior Supporter

2/10/09 10:09 PM

Hi. I'm struggling with depression on and off and self-injury rituals. My parents know of my depression and self-injury but are in denial. I sometimes talk to some teachers and that helps a little, but I feel like I need a more permanent solution. My friends are a great support system, but how much longer can I hang in there? Any suggestions? Thank you so much. I only wish I could be truly happy and not feel like killing myself all the time. I feel like everyone's going to die anyway so what's the point in living? Please help. I'm so desperate . . .

Bottom

seb613
Supporter

2/11/09 12:39 PM

Hello, I'm sorry to see you suffering so much. I really think you need a thearpist, a professional who has time to sit and listen to you. I can rcecomned a place or a phone number if you're interested. I'm not always on the computer, but you can contact me if you like. I give you a blessing that you find the right thearpist who understands and helps you.

Bottom

Supporter

2/13/09 8:57 AM

It sounds as if you are so self-aware. The world needs people like you. Please get help.

Bottom

HopefulHeart711
Junior Supporter

3/22/09 4:06 PM

Hi. It's me, HopefulHeart. I think I'm going to try my school psychologist, but do u happen to know anyone else who does it for free? Thanks

Bottom

Supporter

3/22/09 4:16 PM

The Jewish Board (JBFCS) has some good therapists. Tell the intake person your issue is self-injury so she can direct you to an appropriate therapist.

Bottom

HopefulHeart711
Junior Supporter

4/1/09 2:03 PM

Hey everyone! I went to my school psychologist once and i really like her! I'll be 18 this Sunday and be able to sign my own permission papers. I can then go to her without my parents knowing! Isn't that great?

Edited: 4/24/09 at 3:27 PM by HopefulHeart711

Bottom

justso
Supporter

12/2/09 5:54 AM

I am so happy for you that you have taken the initiative to get help for yourself. this is a beautiful sign of williness to get healthy. I wish you hatzlacha

I go to a DBT program (which was designed for self-harm issues) Dialectical behavior therapy. Ask your counselor about helping you find a program. The only thing is whether you can do it while in school because of the hours of the sessions. In the meantime check this out:

dbtselfhelp.com

behaviortech.org (go to the tab for "tools for consumers")

refuah shlemah

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.