Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: biting lips
Created On 5/26/09 3:45 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mom613
Junior Supporter

5/26/09 3:45 PM

Hello,

Im a 28 year old female and all my life I have bitten the skin off on the inside of my lips. I do it when I am bored, stressed, happy, etc. Basically any time I can. I think my father used to do the same but I havent seen him do it in a long time. I want to stop, but have no idea how. The main reason it bothers me is that I can see a line formed (like a "smoker's wrinkle") above my lip. I asked my dermatologist if he knows of any ways to stop this since it is giving me wrinkles and he said it's impossible that biting my lips would cause wrinkles. I think he doesnt realize how much time per day I do this! I know it is the cause bc I can see that wrinkle deepen when I look in the mirror while biting my lip. I know it is an ugly habit and bad for me too. I am afraid to ask if there is a name for the behavior bc I think it will be harder for me to stop if I see that it is a real issue with a name and everything. Id start to think of myself as having a real disorder or issue which I think would be self-fulfilling for me. I also think I'd start to look it up on the internet and get too into it. Any advice for me on how to stop? I think if I could just stop for a little while the compulsion would go away, since starting a little triggers me to do it more.

Thanks

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/26/09 10:24 PM

You may want to copy your post and post it on "ask the psychiatrist."
It's the last button of the menu page.
I hope you are able to solve what you wrote about.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/26/09 10:26 PM

I just noticed that you already posted there.
I hope it helps.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.