Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: EMDR (continued from therapy forum)
Created On 11/9/09 9:27 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

littleengine
Supporter

11/9/09 9:27 PM

Dr Lynn, you mentioned that you have experience with EMDR. I wanted to ask you a question about it.
Could EMDR be useful for things that happened when someone was an infant or a toddler? When I say 'things' I don't mean any specific trauma. Rather, I'm talking about a more general poor attachment between mother and child.

Edited: 11/9/09 at 9:28 PM by littleengine

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/9/09 11:59 PM

I have found that the effectiveness of the treatment is based on a person's ability to focus on disturbing memories; especially if the memories are image-based, vivid and disturbing. If the poor attachment is based on distinct memories of rejection, etc, then it may be an effective treatment. If the feelings are vague and not attached to specific incidents, I don't think EMDR would work. You could also peruse the main website: EMDR.com.
a. lynn

Bottom

littleengine
Supporter

11/12/09 11:32 PM

Thank you for explaining.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.