Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: depression/suicide
Created On 12/9/09 10:12 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

12/9/09 10:12 PM

Hi. I am depressed on meds for it but still feel kind of suicidal. I don't want to do anything about it because I KNOW I won't do anything to hurt myself but I feel the idea of suicide creeping into my mind more and more often during the day (and night). When that happens I tell myself that it's not to bad because I'm probably only suicidal because of my meds so it's not as bad as being regular suicidal, like atleast this is caused by meds. I know it probably won't make much sense to you but it makes so much sense in my brain! And I really don't want to up my meds or change them because I hate the entire process!!!
Anything that I can do besides changing meds? And is meds based suicidal thoughts as severe as regular suicidal thoughts or am I right about what I tell myself?
Thanks!!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/13/09 12:07 AM

It is important to discuss this with your psychiatrist.
a lynn

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 6:06 PM

I'm kind of terrified to do that. I'm scared I'm going to get hospitalized again I don't/ can't deal with that right now!!!! I honestly don't think I'm strong enough for this again!!!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 7:22 PM

It seems that right now you are pretty low down.

And you feel like you are out of choices.

You don't want to confide in a doctor, because you are afraid that he may send you to the hospital.

And you don't want to continue the way things are, because of all the stress and thoughts etc.

So what do you do?

I saw that Dr. Price had advised that you see someone (you can trust) who has experience with dbt. Maybe this can work for you.

I think that sometimes reaching rock bottom can be a positive development. Sort of like a springboard, where we go down, and then bounce way up.

So in the same way, maybe reaching rock bottom can give someone the strong desire to reach for inner strength, and to try very hard to bounce back even higher than before.

Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 7:29 PM

I love my therapist! She's awesome and slowly but surely I have been talking her about my "issues". I'm terrified to do so but I have been doing it, this'll just have to be another one of those things that I'll have to work up my courage to talk about too.
If I would do dbt does that mean I would have to give up my current therapist? Because right now I'm pretty comfortable with her and it would be scary for me to have to start all over again with someone new.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 7:59 PM

Maybe you can ask her that question.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/21/09 12:48 PM

I agree with Gad. Maybe your current therapist can implement DBT into your treatment together? The principles of DBT are not new, so she may be familiar with many aspects of it.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.