Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Getting better
Created On 3/18/10 8:59 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/18/10 8:59 PM

Hi.
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for me to ask this question but if it's not I guess maybe (if possible and you wouldn't mind) please directing me to the right forum.
Basically, everytime that I go to my psych we up my meds. I'm at the point where only in my head does it seem like it's a high dosage but really it's normal. I feel like it's my fault though that everytime I go (every wk- 3 depending on my suicidalness) it has to be upped. Like I'm not doing a good job in getting better, like I'm doing something wrong. I can't even verbalize it so well, what I'm tryiing to say but this is so bothersome to me. I'm trying hard to get better but what am I doing wrong? Why is it just getting worse?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/18/10 9:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

i think that the whole part of depression or any mental illnesor wtvr is that oyu are paralysd so htat you cant do anything, or dont want to , but the fact that your actualy trying and want to get better- your already halfway there and doing better tahn most
also, why dont you talk to your psych about this?
hang on a little bit more k?

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

3/20/10 11:50 PM

Dr. Lynn can answer this better but there are many meds that you automatically start on a low dose and gradually increase it if you are tolerating it well. It has nothing to do with getting better or worse.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/21/10 7:05 PM

frumsw- I know ur right about that it's still not the greatest feeling to increase a medicine every 3 weeks, sometimes it makes me feel worse knowing that I haven't reached my the right amount.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

3/21/10 8:25 PM

It must be difficult knowing you haven't reached your goal yet.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/23/10 8:50 PM

Pretty frustrating but prob more frustrating since I blame myself for it and everything else too

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/23/10 10:03 PM
User is offline View users profile

so blame it on me - youll feel better
hang in there

Bottom

yanky
Supporter

3/24/10 9:58 PM

Hugs, Whatever you do, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault that you have an illness.

Feel good......

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/26/10 10:02 AM

I agree with what has already been written here:
1) It is not your fault for suffering with a mental illness
2) It is not your fault that meds have to be adjusted. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right meds/dosage.
3) Keep posting here and sharing your experiences, since you will find that you are not alone going thru this.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.