Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: coping skills
Created On 4/9/11 8:53 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mentch
Supporter

4/9/11 8:53 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi,
I wasn't complying with treament untill it was too late and I had my second manic epizode with psycosis
nobody gave me a direct warning but I kept ignoring the warning signs that I felt
Now its been nine months and I haven't recoverred cognitively my function level remains low
I haven't traveled in years to NewYork to visit friends because of my condition

What kind of attitude should I have and how do I get back on track?

Thank you.

Ben

-------------------------
Mentch

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/10/11 3:22 PM
User is offline View users profile

Have a positive attitude that you are now moving forward. Perhaps the worst part of the storm is over. You may well not have any more setbacks. If you have have a positive outlook, positive things are more likely to occur to you; a negative outlook is only likely to set you back or at least slow progress. Keep saying to yourself, "I'm doing the best I can right now. That is all Hashem and anyone else can or should ask of me." And then go from there. Life has twists and turns. You never know where you may be 10 yrs from now....or even five. You may be pleasantly surprised. You just don't know till you get there. And then there will be even more of a journey. So try to keep positive. It can't hurt, and can only help.

I know I should follow my own advice....for anyone out there thinking that.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

yanky
Supporter

4/10/11 4:54 PM

Munkster-

By offering positive motivation to another person, you ARE following your own advice

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

5/2/11 3:19 PM

I agree with what the others have said. I think one of the hard things is to take the medicine when we are feeling better, since we often feel we don't need it anymore. Hatzlacha!
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.