Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Anorexic
Created On 5/15/11 10:37 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

depressed
Supporter

5/15/11 10:37 PM

I am clinically depressed for about 6 months so far. I was anorexic once before and when it went away for a few months (I was in a different setting) I was still obsessed with weight but I ate. About a month ago, it all began again. I've been to a nutritionist, therapist and psychiatrist and they all said I'm on the borderline. How do I know if I am officially anorexic and if I should be going for that kind of help. I am already in intense therapy and on medication for depression (wellbutrin and prozac).
Also, since I started prozac (two days ago) I've been having heartburn and some indigestion. Is this a side effect and will it go away? Can I take other over-the-counter meds with prozac? I read something about not taking advil but it wasn't clear. What about other meds?
TIA

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

6/2/11 7:29 PM

I would recommend asking thses questions to Dr. Price on this website.
a lynn

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/3/11 12:48 PM

Depressed- hang in there!! It's so hard... but as others keep telling me - there IS a light at the end of the tunnel- I don't know what kind but I do believe you will get some kind of relief.

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

6/21/11 3:24 AM

thanx don't ask why i just read it now but neways i was diagnosed anorexic by my therapist and psych. so too bad but i don't believe them cuz anorexic ppl are skinny and I'm FAT so its impossible..whtvr...I might not be able to go to camp if i'm like this and i'm freakin' out so kinda desperate for help. nothing else i cud do but i'm going to dr. tom. and nutritionist for the first time soon so hopefully...
thanx for asking!! this website rox!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/14/11 6:27 PM

thanks.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.