Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Psychiatrist in the 5Towns
Created On 8/2/11 8:04 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

8/2/11 8:04 AM

Hi.
I'm debating whether to change psychs. First of all, what is a good reason for someone to change to another one? I don't know why I want to change. I think mine is getting on my nerves. His soft voice... it's just annoying me! I know this will sound stupid too but also there is no way to contact him in an emergency. He just says leave a message on his voicmail (doesn't give out his cell #) and he checks his messages throughout the day and on weekends and holidays at the end of the day. For some reason, this bothers me too. Aren't we supposed to be able to contact our psych in an emergency?

Second question- do you know of any good psychs in the 5Towns; preferably male?
Thank you!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

8/11/11 10:39 AM

Sorry. I do not. I think it is important to be able to reach your doctor in an emergency, and I would consider within 12-24 hrs pretty responsive, unless you have alerted him/her that there is an elevated risk of self harm. I think it merits further exploration why your therapist is getting on your nerves. Are you working on painful material? Do you feel unattended to? It might be fruitful to explore why, and perhaps even WITH him/her. The therapeutic relationship itself is so rich with opportunities of self exploration, but it is important that you feel comfortable to take the journey.
a lynn

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

8/25/11 4:47 PM
User is offline View users profile

If Dr. Lynn's suggestions didn't help you may wont to look into Elisheva Wollner.
Though not male I have heard good thing about her. http://frumtherapist.com/details.php?id=2124

Kol Tuv.

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Edited: 8/25/11 at 4:50 PM by Aba

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

8/30/11 8:35 PM

Thanks Dr Lynn!
Aba, I looked up that Dr online and it seems like she is a psychologist and I'm looking for a psychiatrist to assist me with my meds.
Thank you though for your help!!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

8/30/11 9:17 PM

if ur still interested, I heard Dr. Lamm in Fresh Meadows is fantastic

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

9/4/11 11:59 AM

You could call Relief and/or ask Dr. Price.
a lynn

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

9/25/11 8:49 PM

Wow, sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I come on sometimes but it's like usually a quick in and out. For some reason I felt like I was triggered sometimes by being here so I had to take care of my health before coming back on so often.
Anyway, wishtobehappy, Fresh Meadows is a little too far for me but thank you.
And Dr Lynn, for now I'm just sticking with whom I use since my therapist didn't love the idea of me switching but if I decide at a later date that I would like to switch, I will try calling Relief.
In general, do people have success when calling them?
Thank you very much and ksiva vchasima tova. May you and everyone on this site have a year filled with simcha, bracha, hatzlacha and parnassa!!!

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/26/11 2:07 PM

Dr. Lamm also has an office in Manhattan on Wednesdays, if that helps. I also heard that he is great. And yes, relief has really helped me in the past. Btw, I know what you mean by being triggered when you come on the site.
Amen to the bracha! The same to you.

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.