Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I am very bothered by something
Created On 12/26/11 3:44 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

12/26/11 3:44 PM

Hi.
I want to know if I am being ridiculous and getting upset for no reason or if my concerns are legitimate.
It is bothering me that all of a sudden some posters are giving out their phone numbers. While this may seem like it is a nice gesture and can really be helpful to others, it can also be VERY dangerous. We do not know who the posters are, they're hiding behind an anonymous name (myself included). I know for me I would never call someone from a forum without knowing exactly who they are but maybe their are some people that would and can get caught up in some very dangerous situations. I am not saying that the posters who have put up their #'s are predators but how can we know who is and who isn't?
If I am wrong then I will gladly retract.
Thank you!

Bottom

Tiredoftired
Supporter

12/26/11 7:06 PM

Edited: 5/28/15 at 7:42 PM by Tiredoftired

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

12/26/11 7:10 PM

hugs, I had the same concern but decided to keep quiet, thanks for bringing it up.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

12/28/11 5:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'd say you are right to be concerned.

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

12/28/11 6:54 PM

Hi,

I agree with all of you. Posting a phone number in this manner is against FrumSupport policy. However, we do not monitor every post in a timely manner, so it would be greatly appreciated if you can send us an email to admin@frumsupport.com whenever you come across any posting or PM that you feel is inappropriate and we will take the appropriate actions.

Admin

Edited: 12/28/11 at 6:55 PM by Admin

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/31/11 9:58 PM

thanks for the input!
a lynn

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/8/12 8:05 AM
User is offline View users profile

just read your post. i felt same way when i saw the post with a phone number but don't rememb er where.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.