Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Change therapists?
Created On 2/14/12 10:43 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Messed up
Supporter

2/14/12 10:43 PM

Edited: 7/27/12 at 12:16 PM by Messed up

Bottom

Teachright
Supporter

2/16/12 4:15 PM

did you ever speak to her about it? how like you feel like you didnt accomplish much? maybe shes just not the right match. you can have two different approaches for example im very for stragedy and my friend loves too talk her therapist is very good at listening but not at stragedy i refuse to go to her cuz i know that itll make me nuts i need tactile approach to everything. i would first discuss it with my therapist and if it still doesnt help i would change

But dont ever undermine the long way you DID come!!!!

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/16/12 10:25 PM

Edited: 7/27/12 at 12:16 PM by Messed up

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

2/23/12 12:09 PM

I agree that you should bring it up with your therapist, especially if you like her. We are not mind readers, and feedback is really helpful. Perhaps your current therapist can make adjustments to her style/strategy that you would find more helpful. If you start by mentioning how much you have changed/grown with her help, I don"t think she will be insulted. Let us know what happens!
a lynn

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/23/12 6:08 PM

Edited: 7/27/12 at 12:17 PM by Messed up

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/27/12 8:19 PM

Edited: 7/27/12 at 12:17 PM by Messed up

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/5/12 2:48 PM

I think you are asking really good and important questions, and it seems to me that you balanced expressing your needs with trying not to hurt your therapist's feelings very well. Perhaps your therapist can "push you more", since this is what you are asking for, and she thinks she can do it. Can you agree to give that a try? Perhaps you can come up with some concrete goals together for you to accomplish? What do you think?
a lynn

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

3/5/12 8:37 PM

Edited: 7/27/12 at 12:18 PM by Messed up

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

3/21/12 4:24 PM

Good for you for taking charge of your life and being so proactive. I'm impressed with how you were assertive with your therapist and didn't give up even when it didn't go so well. Then you make yourself a motivational chart (I've done it for myself too), get hold of a good book....Kol HaKovod.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

3/26/12 6:03 PM

Thanks frumsw! your complement ment SO much esspecially since I'm constantly putting myself down, instead of looking at the things I do good.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

5/7/12 11:04 AM

Messed up-
Any updates?
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.