Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: DEVASTATED!!
Created On 2/25/12 11:46 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/25/12 11:46 PM

HI, what happened to me, was something that i was afraid of all along... the thing is that the story is terribly complicated and loads of pp were involved but now i have another problem...
here it is.. for some reason i had to cut off connections with my T, after a full year, of a close relationship.. its not only this but i have a terrible mistrust in pp due to many things that happened to me.. it took a loooong time to start trusting my T and i finally clicked and he was realy amazing.. i loved our relationship and felt that he's the only one in this whole wide world that cares for me... and now, for some reason pp decided that were' not accomplishing anything and that i need a diff type of therapist, namely a dbt. and that in order for dbt to work i need to stop with my regular T.. which is so not true... i dunno how much we progressed but he was of a different type of help than a usual T.. he was sort of a sounding board.. a mentor and guider... and he was sort of a father to me too... it's difficult to explain.. i had full trust in this one person and all of a sudden we were forced to cut connection... i couldn't get over this.. i cried for a few days straight..day and night... i still can't calm down... but now that i started seeing that new dbt therapist.. i dunno , i don't like her and i feel that i was brutally taken away from my T and those pp don' t undertstand the relationship i had.. and that one T doesn't spoil the other.. but they wouldn't listen.. and bec i have a hard time trusting pp, i can' t connect to this new T.. how should i explain so much that happened in so much time... it's my whole life.. and i don't like the way she acts...s he is so aloof and distant and i'm so not used to it.. i feel so lost and with NO ONE AT MY SIDE!!!

how am i supposed to deal with the situation??

-------------------------
Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

2/26/12 12:11 AM

well I am at your side, if that's any help. it's hard to express through a computer, but i feel terrible and wish i could do something to ease your pain. my eyes started to tear up when i read your post, and they still are... i wish i could help you somehow... maybe just be a sounding board right now for you, if that will help. i'm not sure if you want advice or just to vent, let me know...

Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/26/12 2:28 PM

thanks choco, i really feel so much better knowing that someone cares about my crazy situation.... i don't even know how to start explaining, cuz whoever heard my story said , it's so novel like.. it really makes no sense whatsoever... it came to a point where my pdoc wanted to hospitalize me cuz i felt terribly suicidal and now ontop of e/t i didn't have a soul to talk to and spill my pain.... i was devasted and i dunno how im'still sane.. considering the circumstances...
its' really not normal.. esp with all my problems that i can't talk to anyone... lately i've had terrible urges to do some crazy aviera, and until now my T helped me get over and push through e/t and if not for him i would've been in a deep pit a long time ago.. but now, i have this terrible nisoyan and i don't have my T with me, and besides i feel that i don't have the courage to fight and resist that terrible temptation... it sucks!!! i did email him, but i doubt he can help me in some way cuz officially we are not allowed to have contact and it hurts both of us.. this is really not normal.. and i'm even afraid to email him cuz if anyone finds out about it, i'll be in BIG BIG trouble... and besides, i have no family/friend support!!!!!! i'm here all alone and i have no idea how to proceed.. i feel so lost and hopeless... death seems much better...

Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/26/12 3:33 PM

I dont really have much to say in terms of advice, but I want u to know that I really feel for you, and I want to send over a big hug(((((((((hug))))))))))

I dont know if this helps much, but always remmber that u can always count on Hashem. Hes always there for u, no matter what happens.

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/26/12 4:40 PM

thanks for your hugs..... and i'll try to rely on hashem only, although it's extremely difficult since it's part of my problem.. namely spiritual.. whatevr...

Bottom

Messed up
Supporter

2/26/12 9:43 PM

I understand. Till recently, inwardly I had no connection to Hashem. and I mean nothing. I would never had said the above then or anything like that. Now although I still have a long way to go, b'h I started having a some connection to Him. In any case so I really get u when u say its difficult.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/5/12 2:42 PM

I think it is important to continue to share your pain both with your therapist and on this board. Also, I think it is important to remember that feelings are constantly changing, and later or tomorrow you may feel better.
a lynn

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

3/5/12 10:25 PM

I'm not allowed to talk to my old T... And that dbt lady.. I dunno.. She's so aloof and duznt know a thing abt me... Things just get messier by the day!!!

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

3/6/12 8:25 PM

I'm so sorry. It sounds so frustrating and illogical. Has anyone explained to you why you can't talk to your old T? Did your old T answer your email? What does he think about all of this? See my pm to you.

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

3/9/12 12:16 AM

those pp claim that he ruined me. And that he has no experience in dbt so even if I go to dbt I'm not allowed to see him.. And those stupid pp know zilch abt my relationship and hardships that I hd with my T.. It's so complicated.. Some legal person was also involved but noone bothers to tell me the full story.. My T says that he still wishes to hv contact cuz odf diff issues I hv that my dbt can't solve.. But those toughies won't let!! I feel so stuck..

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

3/10/12 10:57 PM

sorry
don't really know what to say since i don't know the details... you're welcome to chat with me about it though...

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

3/10/12 10:58 PM

Edited: 3/10/12 at 10:59 PM by chocnpeanutbutter

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

5/7/12 11:14 AM

ckid,
please forgive me if you already stated it, but why were you forced to change therapists in the first place?
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.