Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: reporting offensive behavior
Created On 7/21/05 2:48 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

newatthis
Junior Supporter

7/21/05 2:48 AM

Hi this is newatthis. i would like to report offensive behavior from the user name macaroon on the new subject of gramar and spelling. If you would please read this persons topic and see my responce and then this persons response again im sure that you would agree that this type of comments are hurtfull which is against the whole reason why we come to this website. We come here to support each other and help one another not to put people down. I hope that you could interveen on my behalf and stop this type of rudeness. I am choosing not to respond to this users last hurtfull comment because i do not want to fuel this issue any more. I appreciate all that you could do thanking you in advance. Sincerely Newatthis.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/22/05 12:39 AM

N.A.T.,
I appreciate and share your feeelings, and agree with your response. I have also chosen NOT to respond directly to this user for the same reason as you. The truth is, although I am the moderator of this board, I am not the "mental health police". My decision was based on three considerations: a) they have a right to express themselves, and for me to deny that right has serious consequences; b) the postings I read did not seem to merit "disciplinary action" on my part; and c) it seems to me he/she doesn't realize they come off the way they do. Very often in my work, I find that people truly don't realize how they are perceived by others. And, ironically, the very people who crave connection and intimacy with others often unconsciously push them away. I hope this helps both in terms of "opening your heart" and in terms of coping with difficult people on the "road of life".
a lynn

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

9/16/05 8:32 AM

How are you doing NAT?

Long time no speak... I hope all is well!

Have a great Shabbos!!

Sincerely, LFH

Bottom

chaya'le
Junior Supporter

11/15/05 10:35 PM

i don't know how to begin a new thread so excuse me if this is the wrong place for this i hope it reaches the right person.

this is a very difficult questioin (at least i think so). I am looking for the right kind of help for family members.
Dealing with mental illness of two twin family members have been going on for many years in this family's home. (depressing in itself) However i have always felt the issues were never dealt with properly.

There is a part of me that always wanted to step in and take over but could not do for a couple reasons. for one i am amother of a nice size family (young children) and live out of state. two because being so closely related sometimes makes it more difficult to help not only because what i see hurts so much but more so b/c it is less likely that i will be "listened to". Outsiders just seem to have more pull.

I don't believe this is a case of people who are not making the effort to help themselves ( although it sometimes may look like that) rather a case of people who don't know how to help themselves and are not strong minded so to speak. i admit i am a bit reluctant to give too much info over the internet at this point . i am really looking for a "redeemer". This family (the parents) really need someone to walk them through EVERYTHING. They just don't know how to keep in touch with Dr. 's or demand a change of medicine when it's not working well and just be on top of things etc. The parents are just both very accepting tolerent passive ppl and just handle alot of pain- they hardly know what normal life is like and have just been accepting for YEARS .
Right now the situation really needs urgent help.
I really feel like it's asking for too much yet maybe there is some really good neshama out there that can help. The parents need the help by now just as much as the children and epecially the siblings.
This case is not in New YOrk.
Any ideas?

-------------------------
chaya

Bottom

frumtherapist
Supporter

11/16/05 12:56 PM

Chaya - one possibility is to contact an agency like Ohel, which although located in NY, might be able to offer some further leads. It sounds like a family issue, with more than 1 or 2 people affected and in need of some assistance. Perhaps a social services agency, which often utilizes a team approach with multiple professionals, would be effective.
B'Hatzlacha...

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/19/05 11:33 PM

In addition to frumtherapist's suggestion, you can also try Echo- 845-425-9750, and Relief- 718-431-9501.
A Lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.