Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feeling alone.
Created On 8/2/06 10:34 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

smiles
Junior Supporter

8/2/06 10:34 PM

I've been going to therapy for about 1 1/2 years and about a couple months ago I terminated because my therapist and I both agreed that I accomplished enough and it was time to move on. I was feeling really good about myself, I worked hard, I looked at things differentlly, I understood everything from the past... But soon after I terminated, my original problem came back to me. That was, the feeling of being alone. I realized that for all those months while being in therapy, I developed a strong connection and trust with my therapist and felt like I had someone who knew what was going on in my life and was with me in all I was going through. During those months, I felt confident and great but it was all because I had my therapist behind me. Now that I'm not seeing her anymore, I feel like I'm back to square one and have no one to turn to. (Not exactly square one, because I definitly grew in other areas, but in this area of being alone I haven't).
I want to know what to do now. I could go back to therapy, but I feel like I'm just paying for company. I dont have a family or relatives, I live in a country that I was not raised in. I think I just have to wait until I eventually make connections with people and feel like I have a place in the world.
What do you think?

-------------------------
Smile and the world smiles back.

Bottom

Belly
Supporter

8/9/06 1:35 AM

I think that finding friends will help alot. It takes time to find friends and I think that with each friend will understand and apreciate a different part of you. Yes there is a part that you share with each of your friends, but every friend will understand one particular part of you better then others.
Keep strong! I know that moving is hard and finding realy good friend is hard, but don't give up. Go out find people start talking to them eventhough it's hard and you will find good friends.
Belly

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.