Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: anty anxiety medication
Created On 3/4/18 5:16 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mentch
Supporter

3/4/18 5:16 PM
User is offline View users profile

Dear Dr. Price,
I am currently on 15 mg of Latuda for Schizoaffective disorder and I experience some positive but mostly negative symptoms
After taking Lorazepam .5 mg I felt that my negative symptoms were much relieved Can you recommend a similar medication that I can take on a daily bases that is not addictive
Thanks,
M

-------------------------
Mentch

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/4/18 6:41 PM

Some on the newer meds like Vraylar or Rexulti may work better for negative symproms than Latuda.
Discuss with your doctor.
Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

mentch
Supporter

3/4/18 7:59 PM

Thank you for replying
My main problem is reading into things too much and seeing them as negative I have found that when I took the antianxiety pill it really helped

Mentch

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/4/18 8:34 PM

Perhaps then it is more anxiety than negative symptoms?
First, clarify the diagnosis with your doctor. There are numerous anti-anxiety treatments.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

mentch
Supporter

3/5/18 5:19 PM

Dear Dr. Price,
I was just wondering if there are any other anti-anxiety meds that could have a similar affect to Benzodiazepines
For me personally that class of medication has helped with symptoms of withdrawal and had lead to increased social interaction and to developing trust to others

Are there any other similar medications that could be just as affective that could be taken on daily bases
The medication that I took was Lorazepam .5 mg
My diagnoses is schizoaffective disorder

Mentch

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/5/18 6:58 PM

Cognitive Behavior Therapy is very helpful for anxiety.
Meds such as gabapentin, buspar, vistaril. Supplements such as inositol, theanine, gabapentin, valerian, cammomile, passion flower, cbd oil.
Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.