Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: medication
Created On 12/28/09 10:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

can you help me?
Junior Supporter

12/28/09 10:55 PM

Doctor, I need your advice as to what to do regarding medication for anxiety and depression. I am currently on 20mg prozac and 2mg abilify. All they do is make me tired, sleepy and decrease my concentration. In the past my doctor has put me on zoloft, lexapro, klonozapen and cymbalta. They all reacted the same way. They made me tired and sleepy and decreased my concentration. I am at a point where my job is in jeopardy and nothing seems to work. My psychiatrist says that we have to try different things till we find the right medication. This is strange because 6 years ago I was on zoloft and the zoloft worked great for me. But not any more. Nothing seems to work anymore. Doctor,based on your experience, do you know of a medication that may work for me. I will gladly mention that name of the medication to my psychiatrist to consider it. I need something that will decrease anxiety and depression and increase self-esteem. But at the same time I will still need to function during the day and not fall to sleep.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/29/09 9:19 AM

First question: the Zoloft you took 6 years ago that worked well was the brand Zoloft since the generic was not available then. When your current psychiatrist re-tried the Zoloft, was it the generic this time which did not work? If so, you may suggest to your doctor a re-trial of the brand Zoloft which may work well as it did 6 years ago. There are other options to consider but this would be a worthwhile first choice. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

can you help me?
Junior Supporter

12/31/09 2:50 PM

Thanks for the advice. I had my doctor call in the name brand zoloft and I will be taking it starting today. The only issue I have is that it is extremely expensive. $148 for 45 tablets as my insurance says this is a non-preferred drug. Are there ways to get the name brand for cheaper? Also my pharmacist told me that greenstone makes zoloft identical to the name brand (pfizer). Have you ever heard of that and do you think it will have the same effect?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/31/09 4:30 PM

You may not have to pay at all for the brand Zoloft. Have your doctor call 1 800 707-8990 which is the Pfizer Connection to Care Program. The program provides a three months supply of Zoloft directly to your doctor. Your doctor may also be able to petition your insurance company to cover the brand given your personal medication history. Check with the pharmacy as to the phone number your doctor should call. Let me know how you make out. If the brand Zoloft does not help, there are still many other options.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

can you help me?
Junior Supporter

7/2/13 8:25 PM

Hi Dr. Price. I need your expertise. I have depression, social anxiety and generalized anxiety. I currently take 300mg of wellbutrin Sr. I have been on it almost a month now and it works well for depression. However it does nothing for treating anxiety. Would you recommend I try a combo with wellbutrin. If so, would you know of a safe and effective anxiety medication that will go well with wellbutrin? Or perhaps would you recommend I try something different than wellbutrin.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/2/13 10:40 PM

Wellbutrin is generally good for depression but not so much for anxiety. It can be combined with SSRI's (Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, Luvox) or SSNI's (Effexor, Pristiq, Cymbalta) for anxiety. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.